Have you played Half-life?

LUSITANO

Reaction score
I know that most of you are fans of HL, but i see a lot of people on ours forums that haven't played HL. I hated fps, HL changed that.Now that were less than a month away(hopefully) is any 1 going to be playing HL? If you guys do, also try to play OP, its sort but a hell of a expansion. Dont just jump on the bandwagon, try it out.U wont be disappointed! :)

I played through the whole thing with cheats on, and still couldnt beat that big white thing at the end.

I will replay it for the 9 time as well as all of the expansions right before halflife2 comes out.. May i suggest to you blue shift.. it is really short, but you get the high rez mods for weapons, scientists, and monsters.

B.Shift was kool, i hope i dont get flamed but i enjoyed OP more than HL!

i don't see any reason anyone would flame about that, but then again other peoples' opinions seems to awaken hatred in some individuals.

I just finished "Point Of View" the other night, and I'm halfway through "Azure Sheep". I've also played all the classics, "They Hunger", "USS Darkstar", etc...

However, at the moment, I'm beating "Opposing Force" one more time... damn this is an excellent expansion pack.

And I lost my Blue Shift CD... darnit.... hey is it possible to install the high definition pack with Steam?

Suddenly having hl:source in the silver and gold edition makes much more sense...

I was thinking from my point of view, that I alredy played it, haven't thought of those that haven't...

They buy silver or gold, and also get original half life, and also the source port, which should be a little more fun...

Enjoy people, playing those 2 adjacently should be a much better experience than play them years apart...

SilentKilla said:
I played through the whole thing with cheats on, and still couldnt beat that big white thing at the end.

big white thing?? ok crazy.. it wasnt white. the Nhinlath or whatever, was beige.. and u couldnt beat it?? i mean?? not at all?? you could get ammo etc..by using the portals it made lol... :bounce:

Gunstar... actually I just found the HD pack with STEAM support after a quick goog search. PM me if anyone here wants the ADDY. A simple search on Google will locate it, however...

When I play HL:Source it will be the 10th time I've Played HL.

SilentKilla said:

shoot the crystals then shoot nihilanth

I have no idea how many times I've played it.... quite a lot, anyway. Only once through this year, though. I'll be playing HL:S as soon as I've completed HL2 :p

What zer0kewl had said. Those crystals give it health and power. Anyway, just beat it, never bothered playing it before TBA.

big white thing?? ok crazy.. it wasnt white. the Nhinlath or whatever, was beige.. and u couldnt beat it?? i mean?? not at all?? you could get ammo etc..by using the portals it made lol...

Shoot those 3 crystals, shoot the crap out of him till all those floaty things around him recede and i think his head opens up to show the last crystal u hafta kill

the first time i beat the game i managed to land INSIDE his head and kill him with the crowbar!! I had like 2 shots left in my pistol it was so freaking awesome!

i've played hl1,opfor and blue shift through many times, but I think that half-life was the best out of all of them. on a side note, i'm getting the standard hl2 at EB and I wanted to know: how do I get the hl1 source port? I would love to get my hands on it.

When i beat Nihilanth i just blew all the crystals went behind a rock and saved. then everytime i was portaled i just reloaded and went for the head.

ive almost beat it
i guess
its really long for me since i cant play for very long at one time (parents)
im on teh forget about gordon part...

I beat it 3 times. I may think about beating it again before HL2 comes out. :)

Wow, ive played HL 3 times. But 9 and 10 times these guys are hardcore. This game has given us tons of great gaming moments and its about to do it again. I just hope i see Adrian Shepherd again!!!

I always lose the will to play at "On a Rail".

It's so tedious. Even worst when I get to Xen.

ne0_shiny said:
ive almost beat it
i guess
its really long for me since i cant play for very long at one time (parents)
im on teh forget about gordon part...
You've got a fair bit left to go... keep at it, it's worth it!

I kinda glazed through it, so I don't remember any details.

I played and finished Half-Life, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force. All are rather good. I might play Half-Life: Source after finishing Half-Life 2. I want to play around with the physics so much. Now if someone alters the original Half-Life enough to include a prototype of the Manipulator, I am so there. Currently I play a lot of Sven-Coop. Version 3.5 should be awesome.

im playing half life at da moment im in australia it realeses on 16 of november (game store clerk told me) im only 14 i think im goin pretty good im on xen about to kill gonarch but sumone told me der is 1 ichtysour u might run into when u vurse da big boss nihinla or wateva its called I HATE ICHTYSOURS :( iv played blue shift it was ok very short but worth it i wanna play O.F QUESTION will der be exspantions with hl2 like hl with blue shift an o.f ??????? perhaps a ichtysour drag racing game?

at least 3 times on each difficulty... prolly more on easy and medium

SilentKilla said:

Some people will just never get good ;)

I successfully cleared the training mission!!....

Oh, yeah, and the rest of the game, too...

too many times :(

yeah i beat hl and the expansions a few times. I didnt get hl right away since i found out about it in a pcgamer. I then borrowed it from my bros friend. After that i got my sis to get the GOTY edition for me :D

OMG there was a half-life 1??????

.......no seriously???

*......i know its sad..... i never played it...just good old counter-strike..... :sniper:

Yogibbear said:
OMG there was a half-life 1??????

.......no seriously???

*......i know its sad..... i never played it...just good old counter-strike..... :sniper:

it is sad :p

I have beaten Half-Life 38 times. Mostly medium and hard. I can beat it on hard in one sitting in 3 hours.

I have played it all the way through only once. I love the game but some parts are just too hard for me to lik 'em again.
But I play through different levels every once in a while.

Back