He picked up the barrel with his hands!

azz0r

Reaction score
First time weve seen that, so there wasnt any hands technically but now we know how it works, point and click :D

That sounds a little too complex. You're saying point and then after you've pointed AT the designated object you initiate a downward motion of your finger to cause the mouse button to click. This click will then SELECT the object you're POINTING at.

Jesus christ i hope that's in the manual!!

:LOL:

azz0r said:
First time weve seen that, so there wasnt any hands technically but now we know how it works, point and click :D

You use the E button to pick up things -- assuming you are using the default keys.

Point and click = shoot the barrel = barrel explodes D:!

he didn't use his hands, it's all done with wires
if you look hard you can just about see them.

RoyaleWithCheese said:
no hands, no wires, 'twas his e-penis

haha owned

gabe already said that gordons hands are not visible when picking up objects

Those objects just somehow float over you or something...and it's because of XEZXCEN

hmm.. that sux.. the barrel was floating in the air..
But.. yeah, whatever..
its coo to lift things up without the manipulator..

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could pick up dead bodies?

...sweeeet...

Mattigus said:
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could pick up dead bodies?

...sweeeet...

dragging them wud b nice but there's other games for that :sleep:

I assume it has the capability to have players pick up objects, but they've chosen not to implement it for gameplay reasons.

ZeeM said:
haha owned

Nahuh you can see the hands when he's using weapons.

but seeing his hands when picking up random objects would require alot more coding etc ;)

SeiferZ said:
its that goatee, its kinda feminine dont you think :LOL:
You mean like this?

(I can't remember who made this, © goes out to teh dude)

Attachments

• gordonsbrother.jpg
    gordonsbrother.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 353
FISKER_Q said:
You mean like this?

(I can't remember who made this, © goes out to teh dude)

*Runs away from Fisker, thinking he has problems.

its stupid why u cant see your hand when u pick up the barrel since u can see ur hand when u r using weapons

Silent_night said:
its stupid why u cant see your hand when u pick up the barrel since u can see ur hand when u r using weapons
*shrug* I'll settle for stupid if it knocks of 6 months worth of coding and animation. :)

I guess it's just a video game, but a 55 Gallon drum full of fuel would be too friggin' heavy to lift. Too bad they at least don't show hans, maybe Gordon now knows The Force.

Brian Damage said:
Or his HEV suit is a powered exoskeleton.

oh, well, I didn't think of that. I guess that's easy enough to accept.

That's gotta be it, b/c when he picked it up, I thought I saw the Aux Power bar appear and quickly decrease.

hang on, when did we see Gordon pick up a barrel? I watched the ravenholm video but I didn't see that. When did it happen?

jabberwock95 said:
hang on, when did we see Gordon pick up a barrel? I watched the ravenholm video but I didn't see that. When did it happen?

In the 'new' part of the video, that wasnt shown on the e3

near, the end, you see a barrel float in front of the sreen and then gets "thrown" near a zombie, then Gordon shoots the barrel and explodes it and the nearby zombie.

near, the end, you see a barrel float in front of the sreen and then gets "thrown" near a zombie, then Gordon shoots the barrel and explodes it and the nearby zombie.

i hope they fix that floating...
Why wont the barrel just be placed closer to the camera "view" so only the top of it is seen.. ( already fixed i guess.. i hope )

She said:
i hope they fix that floating...
Why wont the barrel just be placed closer to the camera "view" so only the top of it is seen.. ( already fixed i guess.. i hope )

because they didn't design the game that way. if the barrel WOULD be placed lower you would have people asking "why isn't it more in sight?". choices have to be made.

because they didn't design the game that way. if the barrel WOULD be placed lower you would have people asking "why isn't it more in sight?". choices have to be made.

sure.. ok.
but still, it would look better (more realistic) to have it that way than to have it floating.. blocking your view.

Hang around... I thought my video wasn't working properly

When does your video end? Mine ends when he has broken through the planks on a door, and he is looking at one of those pods. Then it freezes and ends a second later. Am I missing some?

It would be nice for the game to follow the Deus Ex 2 path, where the object is only hoisted half-way, so you can't see the hands but you can't see where they should be either.

Yeah....a lot....the BINK goes through there and past the wooden rooms to a few alleys with more of those fan/traps Gregory left for you to use.

She said:
sure.. ok.
but still, it would look better (more realistic) to have it that way than to have it floating.. blocking your view.
Sometimes gameplay comes before this odd push for realism.

jabberwock95 said:
Hang around... I thought my video wasn't working properly

When does your video end? Mine ends when he has broken through the planks on a door, and he is looking at one of those pods. Then it freezes and ends a second later. Am I missing some?

First time I ran it, got an illegal error. Try it again.

Back