Heads up display, for real life.

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Bionic Vision: Cybernetic Lenses with Heads-Up Display

Imagine how much easier your day would be if a heads-up display gave you directions to your dry cleaner, displayed today’s weather forecast, or let you check your email without the need for a computer or hand-held gadget. Sounds like the future, right? It’s closer than you might think.

http://gajitz.com/bionic-vision-cybernetic-lenses-with-heads-up-display/

augmented-reality-contact-lens.jpg

Ever since Terminator came out its always been my dream to have a real world hud or bionic vision. I'm so glad this kind of thing will probably come around in my lifetime.

Watch the world lay on their bed and play WoW through their vision.

I like vision the way it is.

this could be sweet for people who can't turn their head to watch TV like those who are paralyzed. also it can be bad for those who are forcibly raped and they can watch themselves being raped at the same time....it would be like being raped twice at the same time or by 2 dudes at the same time

Glasses, not implants please thanks.

lol at it looking like a circuit board in some pics. Seriously?

this could be sweet for people who can't turn their head to watch TV like those who are paralyzed. also it can be bad for those who are forcibly raped and they can watch themselves being raped at the same time....it would be like being raped twice at the same time or by 2 dudes at the same time

Could you explain that? It seriously makes no sense to me whatsoever.

My point against is of course the potential for "OBEY" to put up in your view every 10 seconds.

Superliminal messaging!

I just hope it doesn't show your face at the bottom of the hud.

We're human, not robots.

We'll be creating a new species or something. Hybrid-humanoids?

Can't see us actually needing a HUD. Stuff like weather updates etc already exist. Its called smartphone apps. Or an iPad. Or a laptop. Or a newspaper.

A real life HUD will seriously mess things up, it'll tell you things you never want to hear about.

And the last thing I need is a "Breasts located here" every time I look at a girl.

A real life HUD will seriously mess things up, it'll tell you thinks you never want to hear about.

And the last thing I need is a "Breasts located here" every time I look at a girl.

I assume it would only show things that you want up. You could disable, enable, etc. Have the weather up, your current speed, all that, or disable it at will from home. Enable/disable the HUD entirely by blinking a certain way, or in a rapid fashion.

You'd have to carry around some sort of battery pack too.

Unless you just plug a USB into your heart.

You'd have to carry around some sort of battery pack too.

Unless you just plug a USB into your heart.

I'd think that it would use very low amounts of electricity, so that it can put a tiny solar battery inside, or be used with the body's own electricity.

Surely using our bodies as the power source would be impossible.

Aha, cant believe I'm even thinking of that.

Now we're just a Star Trek convention fantasizing about future tech posibilities that have no chance of being created. We cant even get space travel right yet.

Im cool with it as long as it doesn't involve sticking anything in my eye.

The last thing people need while driving is more things distracting them. Will probably put little video thing in there to watch their latest shows and stuff while they drive.

surprised no one said anything about trough-clothing xray vision

I want this. Now.
Also, I think that I remember reading somewhere about some scientists inventing a device powered by cell phone signals.
Or maybe they could use WiTricity?

You guys have no imagination. I wouldnt want bionic vision for ****ing tv. I'd want it so I can ****ing zoom my eyeballs in on things. So I can record things. God, theres been so many times where I wish I recorded someone saying or doing something so that I could show it to them when they deny they ever did/said that.

And you could instantly see things like measurements of distance or the speed something is traveling at, have facial recognition so you never run into someone and completely blank out when trying to remember their name, or be able to see notes your wrote about them. You could have little HUD speech bubbles pop up next to people's heads and write in silly things and pretend people are thinking "I smell like poo" to themselves.

The possibilities are endless, and you all know you want it.

You guys have no imagination. I wouldnt want bionic vision for ****ing tv.

You wouldn't but other people would. Long drive? DVD player in the back seat? No problem I can watch my favorite shows or movies WITHIN MY EYEBALLS!

You really are warped...

Regardless instead of throwing stuff on top of your eye, I figure it would be easier to deal with the eye's connection to the brain since it's alerady electrical signals. Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting crap on your computr contacts. Isn't that what they did in Ghost in the Shell? Well I mean it was a cyborg brain, but it was still computer through vision.

You wouldn't but other people would. Long drive? DVD player in the back seat? No problem I can watch my favorite shows or movies WITHIN MY EYEBALLS!

Whatever, police officer's eyehuds will show them who is watching tv while driving. Problem solved.

Whatever, police officer's eyehuds will show them who is watching tv while driving. Problem solved.
Ah, another cyber arms race between cops and robbers! Can't wait till Laughing Man style hackers start messing with our vision. :D

whats the resolution? Also how do you look or focus on the digits being projected under your focus spot in your eye? this smells like fail and a few blind testers...

Back