Heatsink ; fan for Fx-53

BaNDiT

Reaction score
im gettin a OEM fx-53 939, i was wondering what some good choices are for a heatsink and fan combo. Thanks. Guinny, i know you are getting it too, what are you gonna buy for it?

Cooler master just released one for the athlon 64 series. I have no idea how good it is. The sheer size of it scared me away.
Link
To bad the athlon fx series doesnt support cool n quiet because of it being unlocked.

blackeye said:
Cooler master just released one for the athlon 64 series. I have no idea how good it is. The sheer size of it scared me away.
Link
To bad the athlon fx series doesnt support cool n quiet because of it being unlocked.
That heatsink is for BTX support.

Doesn't Socket 754 and 939 support Cool&Quiet? I thought only Socket 940 didn't have Cool&Quiet...which would be the Opterons and FX51/53 for that Socket.

That heatsink is for BTX support.
lol that company is selling it in ATX systems if you go to their configuration page. I should still work in an ATX case I think cause all the websites that reviewed it probably dont have access to BTX casses

Don't know.
BTX systems will have the CPU at the front of the case with a cooling box above the CPU which should go around that heatsink pretty well.

NVM about the Cool & Quiet.

If you added 2 tornado fans on the cooler master heatsink would it make much of a difference?

yes and your computer would be louder than a dishwasher.

lol I saw that the other day. Hopefully it doesnt resort to that

DId any of you see the heatsink prototypes for Tejas (Intel)? Now that was crazy. I am glad they canned those processors.

blahblahblah said:
DId any of you see the heatsink prototypes for Tejas (Intel)? Now that was crazy. I am glad they canned those processors.

These
Is that what you are talking about

Now that's what we call a Computer
Just wait till 8 way opertons come out.

That cooler master heatsink looks huge. Im surpirsed the motherboard doesnt break becuase of the weight.

That blue limited edition wave master is nice in the first link you post. Has anyone read a review on the cooler master water cooling system. You can see it on one of the links also.

I like the black wave master case I just got today.;)

I think Intel could find a use for their canned Tejas processors. They could use them to power the next generation of Foreman Grills. :D

blahblahblah said:
I like the black wave master case I just got today.;)

I think Intel could find a use for their canned Tejas processors. They could use them to power the next generation of Foreman Grills. :D
haha yes.
I'm sure you've all seen the PC Grill.

I like the black wave master case I just got today.
Really im looking into getting one. Do you have any complaints? Were you able to take the flip on the tope off and replace it with a fan?

blackeye said:
Really im looking into getting one. Do you have any complaints? Were you able to take the flip on the tope off and replace it with a fan?

I got it today. I am building (or rebuilding, hehe) my computer tommorow (with my new X800 Pro, heatsink, and PSU). ;)

Pros
- amazing finish
- quality construction (they use a substantial amount of aluminum)
- comes with accessory to mount fan on top. Don't know if the flip top comes off
- thumb screws everywhere
- comes with three fans
- It looks amazing
- Has blue LED's upfront. Very classy and subdued.
- Slide out motherboard tray

Cons
- Prone to fingerprints (biggest complaint)
- Same cost as an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
- A little bit long (21 inches long)
- Rear thumb screws are not in black
- No switch to turn on or off the blue LED's (plan to fix that myself)

Its an awesome case. If you have that much money, you should get one. I bought it for me since it is my birthday tommorow (turn 21, woohooo).

If your using the AMD 64 non fx series and your not overclocking dont bother getting an aftermarket heatsink as the regular 64 have cool n quiet which should produce a lot less heat when your not playing games.

blahblahblah good case i have heard nothing but good reviews. The only problem i have with it is the way the hard drives are positioned. If you arent using sata drives or you dont hide your cables it will look really messy.

Back