Heh, Half-Life: Source rocks!

UndeadScottsman

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
They removed a lot of inivisible barriers that prevent NPC's from following you, and they also removed the "two man" limit; which resulted in this.

posse.jpg

That's 7 scientists and 4 security guards all following me like a pack of crazy groupies :D

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

Lol I find it hard to belive this game is a "Source" game with how bad those models look.

Zeus said:
Lol I find it hard to belive this game is a "Source" game with how bad those models look.

Why? The ammount of polygons in a model is not dictated by the engine. How those models are rendered, however...

EDIT: And there's a ton of other threads on this forum; did you really need to come into this one to bitch about the models?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

UndeadScottsman said:
Why? The ammount of polygons in a model is not dictated by the engine. How those models are rendered, however...

EDIT: And there's a ton of other threads on this forum; did you really need to come into this one to bitch about the models?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

Seriosly people need to stop bashing on Hl:s its great for what it is.

And btw nice screeny :)

Heh, I had four Barneys with me at that point, too. Only two scientists, I didn't think of bringing them with me until later.

It would have been nice for valve to upgrade everything, but what they did add makes me want to play it again.

AJ Rimmer said:
But they still won't climb ladders and such right?

No they won't be able to do those things.

Still it's the best pic I've seen all day. :D
Looks like fun.

Ghost Freeman said:
This can't be HL:S :(

Please, please, don't be surprised about the poor quality.
If you are you('re an idiot!... :naughty: ) have been sleeping under a rock the last few months. Or haven't been paying attention in any way.

I like HL: Source a lot. Is it me, or have they altered the movement code? Feels as if you're on roller skates.

So do those security gaurds follow you around and shoot at enemies?

Yep.. Matter of fact, using the "give monster_barney" command, you can spawn a whole legion of the dudes to follow you.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

Go to surface tension and look at the big canyon. It's been given a huge remake.

venturon said:
Go to surface tension and look at the big canyon. It's been given a huge remake.
pics plz kthxbie

Is it me, or have they altered the movement code? Feels as if you're on roller skates.
I think it's that you are always running, unlike HL2.

HL:S is not a free download correct? i have both the original and HL2.

shadowrun said:
HL:S is not a free download correct? i have both the original and HL2.

if you buy/bought either the half life 2 silver or gold package through steam, you have hl:source

Dux said:
I like HL: Source a lot. Is it me, or have they altered the movement code? Feels as if you're on roller skates.
Nah, that kind of feeling was already in the original. Hated it after my extensice CoD playing.

i would rather play the original for three reasons

1. faster loading times
2. nothing beats a quality original
3. something just seems funny about directx 9 effects thrown in with ancient models and textures

Note when you go from the dam to the canyon, as you exit and the jets go past the animation is totally redone :)

If only the source engine allows teh A.I to do almost anything a player can... like the ones from Raven Shield... it could've been cool.

You would think they would keep the old Blue Shift High Def pack modles, they look alot better.

Back