HELP! I'm stuck in HL

The Brick

Reaction score
I'm at the POWER UP level, and I'm stuck. I have the power generator switched on, but if I try to use the train. The voice says the power is offline.

I'm sure the power is on, because between those broken machine near the on/off button shoots some kind of laser.

I tried the walkthrough to see what I must do, but apperently some trigger sequence is not working. HELP!

I'm assuming your running through Steam which is a little touch and go if your playing through the single player. Either Re-Load the save file or just go from it earlier.

Yes, I'm running it through steam, and i tried to reload and reload, and it just wouldn't work. And I don't have a savegame from the beginning of the level...

just noclip through the gates. You miss the frantic garg run, but oh well.

So you've gone down stair and gotten the generator working, and have come back up to where the Gargantua and the marines were fighting? Have you gone down the tunnel by the rail tracks thats not blocked and turned on the electricity there (when it arcs between the two coils it should nail the gargantua)?

the 2 tunnels are still blocked. But I think I'll noclip. Thanx anyway.`

EDIT: errr.... how do I noclip?

open up console and type:

set_cheats 1

and then type:

noclip

Is the turntable turned the right way? or am I talking out of my ass?

Have you killed off the garg yet?

You've got to bash the boxes blocking up the water pump and switch on the secondary fan.

You don't necessarily need noclip to get to the other side of the wall. Put a few motion detectors on it, and use them like stairs. Just jump on them...but you don't wanna hit the laser, d'oh

Varsity said:
You've got to bash the boxes blocking up the water pump and switch on the secondary fan.
I did, main power is on (switched the button), but the train doesn't work...

The 'make a stairs'thing is a good idea. Thanks.

Oh, the garg is still alive, so it's very very hard to make a stairs, and cheats don't work:
] /set_cheats 1
Unknown command: /set_cheats
] /noclip
Unknown command: /noclip
] noclip
] set_cheats 1
Unknown command: set_cheats
] set cheats 1
Unknown command: set

What should happen!!!

You go and turn on the power in the first place.....where you have to go down and smash the boxes to clear out the water and make that machine go.

Then you go back to where you started, with the Gargantuan. When you go out from where you are you should turn left and run down there. It was closed off before but it should be open now.

You run down there, run like hell....get to the end and turn on the big ass generator. Then the Garg. gets killed, and the track power is on.

Then you just move the train to the turntable, run back up to that one room and turn it. and then you'r On a Rail.

noclip does work (thanx FictiousWill) but, now I don't have a train wich I need in the next level...

AARGH!

There are other trains in the level. You'll just have to walk the first part of "On the Rail", it's not a long way. Download the video where some guy plays through HL in one hour, he runs through the whole On the Rail -part :D

hm, if you don't want to cheat you could always use laser mines in order to climb over the boxes.

Im probably too late... probably (hehe)
but the power switch that says "ON" in green.. you actually have to press it (you jump up on the computer) to activate the train, but only after you powered the generator.

What you had to get done is:

Destroy crate blocking generator piston.
Activate generator panel one floor above.
The Gate behind the Garg should be open at that point.
Kill Garg either directly or by running down hall to main Generator switch, turn ON.
Go back to the wounded Barney at the beginning of the level, turn on trach power.
Get on train car and Riiide that badboy into the sunset.... wait you're underground.

When you reach the big room with the garg, turn left down a large corridor, you'll eventually come to two tesla coils. Go through them, hit the switch on the elevated platform. Let garg get fried. Go back through the corridor (Note; don't go through the tesla coils when they are on, take the side room to the other side of the tesla coils)

hmm... if ur stuck and do not know what to do next.. then probably using this link would be helpful.

Half Life Walkthru

i think i have a save file from every level.. so if u need a new save file.. i can look for mine..

pm me if ur interested :)

Back