help! Light in outdoor map

maveryck21

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a problem, i am making a map outdoor very very big and i need to light it but i have already put an enormous number of lights but the foliage apeear dark anyway, but only the foliage because the path end the rest is quite bright. I used light enviroment, a lot of them. Can somebody help me?

You only need one light_environment. Think of it as adding the sun.
Are you sure you're compiling RAD?

Your light_environment might not be pointing in the right direction, copy & paste one from the tutorial maps and look at it's values.

Like they said, make sure it's pointing the right way too, it's a little option thing "point at" or something

make sure your light environment is inside a skybox, and is well above the ground casting in the right direction. Also, check for any leaks. Only have one light environent. If your map still looks too dark, increase the brightness on your light environment.

i get the sam problem, i have tried brightness settings and i have pointed it at the ground. my outdoor map is still dark apart from in 1 small space. please help me

who said:
i get the sam problem, i have tried brightness settings and i have pointed it at the ground. my outdoor map is still dark apart from in 1 small space. please help me

u need a skybox around your map and place the light_enviroment inside the skybox for it to work

Any light will come from where your skybox texture is.

Some models need cubemaps or info_lighting to be lit correctly.

Back