Help me mess with a 419 scammer.

Moto

Tank
Reaction score
I was checking my email yesterday and got a message from a scammer. He would like me to help him recover some 13 million dollars and 100kg of gold that his father put into a bank in Ghana just before his tragic death as a result of being shot by unknown gunmen. How his father was a rich man, yet he has spent his entire life escaping wars and living in refugee camps, I have no idea.

Anyway, I "bought" his little scam and have him so excited that he can barely type. I was thinking I could lead him on for a while with HL2.net's help. If you have some spare time and you're not doing anything, maybe you could give me some ideas.

Here is our correspondence so far. His words are in bold.

To: Me (my actual email address)
Date: June 16, 2009
Subject: PLEASE READ AND GET BACK TO ME

Dearest One,
I know it might surprise you on how i got your contact but it was in my
search to find a reliable and reputable person that I found your contact on
the internet. I am a victim of war from Sierra Leone, My name is Abdul Musa,
the son of Late Saheed Musa,of Sierra Leone

My father was killed by unknown gunmen suspected to be rebels during the war
in Sierra Leone. Before his death he deposited some amount of money with a
Bank in Ghana worth $13.3 million and 100kg of gold. It was for security
reasons that the fund was deposited as family treasure and i am the next
of kin to my father being the eldest son.

My sister and I managed to escape the war to Ghana. I want you to help us pull
this money out of Africa, so that you can help us to invest this fund in a
profitable business while I continue my education in your country with my
younger sister. If you can help us, we are ready to offer you 20% of the fund
and treasure for your assistance.

We have been in the refugee camp, poor feeding, no good water and people are
dying of sickness and diseases almost each and everyday with two of my family members falling victim, may their departed soul rest in perfect peace. But God so kind, my sister and I are still alive and now have direct contact
with our late father's business lawyer here in Ghana and he has all the banking details and documents that binds the transaction with the bank, which I can send to you through e-mail attachment or by fax for your verification. I shall let you know what next to do as soon as l hears from you.

Best Regards,
Abdul Musa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: M. Bezzler (switched to a fake email address at this point)
To: Abdul Musa
Date: June 16, 2009
Subject: Re: PLEASE READ AND GET BACK TO ME

Mr. Abdul Musa,

It pains me deeply to hear of the hardships you have endured. I can only imagine the odds you and your sister have overcome in escaping the war in Ghana. I can relate to you in one sense. My father was also killed by unknown gunmen in the unforgiving streets of Manchester. He was not a rich man like your father was, but he did his best to make ends meet for our family. He earned an honest living as a brick mason. He was so insistent that I go to university that he worked nights as a security guard at our local zoo. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be half the man I am today. Because of his selflessness, I was able to earn my degree in mathematics and land a job assessing insurance risks. I'm by no means a wealthy man, but my father's hard work has enabled me to live a comfortable life here in the United Kingdom.

I have no children. My wife and I cannot conceive as I am sterile from radiation exposure. I have always wanted to help somebody--to care for someone the way that my father cared for me. It is my firm belief that, when possible, you must help those in need. For these reasons and because of your generous offer of 20%, I would be delighted to help you recover your father's fortune. I do not have access to a fax machine, but I can receive documents by e-mail attachment.

I look forward to hearing from you and may god bless you and your sister.

Sincerely,

Michael Bezzler

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: M. Bezzler
Date: June 17, 2009
Subject: FROM ABDUL MUSA

Dear Sir,
I thank you for your response to my email and also happy that you want to help me.
I want you to know that my late father deposited this money and gold with the bank It was for
security reasons the fund was deposited as family treasure and i am the next
of kin to my father as the eldest son. and my late father's business lawyer here in Ghana and he has all the banking details and documents that binds the transaction with the bank, which i can send to you through e-mail attachment or by fax for your verification. I hope

That you can be capable to handle this transaction for me. I am saying this because this money is my last hope on earth, and I will not want anything to happen to the money. I will also not want you to betray me when this money is transferred to the account that you will provide. After the transfer, you will recommend the investment which we will enter and you will you will be the caretaker of the business. while I continue my education in your country with my
younger sister, and I would request you to give me more details of your self.
Below
1. NAME IN FULL:.........
2. ADDRESS:...............
3. NATIONALITY:..........
4. AGE:........................
5. Sex............................
6. OCCUPATION:...........
7. MARITAL STATUS:......
8. PHONE.....................
9. FAX:..........................
10.PASSPORT COPY.....
11 YOUR BANK INFORMATIONS
Please I will want you to send to me all that I have requested above

immediately after you sent to me your details I will go and inform my late father's business lawyer that I have found someone that will help me to invest the fund.
try and call me with this number ****-*********,...I wait for your email and call
Best regards
Abdul Musa

His email account is with yahoo.com.hk and there are some stray Chinese characters in his latest email, so yeah, he's from Hong Kong. His story is full of holes.

Anyone have any ideas of where to go from here?

I was checking my email yesterday and got a message from a scammer. He would like me to help him recover some 13 million dollars and 100kg of gold that his father put into a bank in Ghana just before his tragic death as a result of being shot by unknown gunmen. How his father was a rich man, yet he has spent his entire life escaping wars and living in refugee camps, I have no idea.

Anyway, I "bought" his little scam and have him so excited that he can barely type. I was thinking I could lead him on for a while with HL2.net's help. If you have some spare time and you're not doing anything, maybe you could give me some ideas.

Here is our correspondence so far. His words are in bold.

His email account is with yahoo.com.hk and there are some stray Chinese characters in his latest email, so yeah, he's from Hong Kong. His story is full of holes.

Anyone have and ideas of where to go from here?

Oh my god. That is amazing. I was watching a video on youtube similar to this thread, only it consisted of a video of the person showing the voice mails, or something. I forget. But anyway, you need to tell him instead of getting his gold back, you are going to make it your life accomplishment to find the person who killed his father. I was gonna tell you to tell him that you are the unknown gunman... but... yeah.

Haha, that's brilliant! I wonder if I could work that in somehow.

Yeah that would be kinda tricky. He asked for information... I wonder if you gave him false info, if he would reply back asking for the correct info. Which then, you would reply, "Sorry I cannot give you my information at the moment. I am very busy trying to find the killer of your father." or something.

^Do what taco says. "I am very busy trying to find the killer of your father, I cannot give you the information."

I always wanted to just get a fake, but real bank account (just make one at a bank you don't go to), and forge any other documents they need (like a passport) and see what happens. Probably nothing, but could you imagine you did that and they gave you like 2 mil or some such amount? It'd never happen in a million years, but you can hope.

Send him fake information and see if he rages.

There are places you can report guys like this, and if you don't he might rip off some poor old lady's life savings. Of course, I would have just deleted it straight away. I don't have time to help old ladies.

Don't just send him fake info, send him info that looks absolutely ridiculous.
Like this:

1. NAME IN FULL:......... Helicopter Submarinez
2. ADDRESS:............... 1337 LOL Lane
3. NATIONALITY:.......... Human
4. AGE:........................ 123
5. Sex............................ Shemale
6. OCCUPATION:........... Stripper
7. MARITAL STATUS:...... Single
8. PHONE..................... 911
9. FAX:.......................... 411
10.PASSPORT COPY..... <insert passport thingy here>
11 YOUR BANK INFORMATIONS SSN: 010101

:E

Just see what he does.

Head over to /b/ and attach a HQ image of a penos. XD

send him a picture of your penis.

lefty nailed it. If you do that and document the reaction, you are internet immortal.

I'll ****ing do it. ****, just send a close up of a random penis if you're too shy. Just pick the first one you find, you won't be getting to know each other. The smaller the funnier IMO. Micro penis testicle sack close-up FTMFW.

Send him a penis, and tell him the "information" is in the picture attached!

Haha, I don't know. I think sending him an image like that would pretty much ruin the whole thing.

Tell him your from the CIA/M16 and his IP has just been forwarded to the proper authorities for further investigation and that officials will be there at his address in Hong Kong to arrest him any minute now.

ask him for all of his information.

lol

It will be fake, but try to investigate it to see if it's been posted on the internet before and see if you find anything. It would be hilarious if you found out who he was.

Was going through my old email account after browsing this thread. Had some fun myself.

Hello.

This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not yet met. I have to say that I have no intentions of causing you any pains so i decided to contact you through this medium.

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. My name is Almir Mubaraq, a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E. I have been diagnosed with prostate and esophageal Cancer that was discovered very late due to my laxity in caring for my health. It has defiled all form of medicine and right now, I have only about a few months to live according to medical experts.

I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone not even myself but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focus on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe if i have a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that I know my time is near, I have willed and given most of my properties and assets to my immediate and extended family members and as well as a few close friends and Schools in the UAE. I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, England and Ireland. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this my self any more. I once asked members of

I want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations and let them know that it is I Almir Mubaraq that is making this generous donation.

I am writing this from my laptop computer in my hospital bed in England where I wait for my time to come. If you are interested to help me i will give you more information about this like the amount that i deposited in the bank and Contact of the bank so you can contact them. I will also send you pictures of my self when in the hospital.

Note that you will take 20% out of the funds and give 80% to the charity organizations. I pray that God uses you to support and assist me with good heart God be with you.

If you can help respond back to me on my private email: [email protected]

Regards.

Almir Mubaraq

My response:

Dear Almir,

Your story has truly touched me as it is one I can identify with. About 10 years ago I lost my mom, dad, and three sisters in a freak cancer accident while they were on a trip to visit colleges in Russia. I have received large insurance deposits from each of them, and I really have no way of using it all. So I am wondering if it is possible to deposit all of the remaining $15million USD into your account? I am finding it very hard to find someone to collaborate with, but now that you have emailed me, I believe we can truly work together to help people in need.

Please respond.

P.S. I am in fear of my life right now because I believe the FBI is about to detain me because they think I am using my money to fund terrorism. Crazy right? Lets get the ball rolling.

Another

FROM THE DESK OF MRS JOSEPHINE MARTINS
TICKET NUMBER: 23-04-31-77-GH
101 Wigmore Street,
London W1U 1QU
United Kingdom

Attn:

From the Overseas Subscribers Agents(OSA), in assistance with the International Lottery Board of Commissions, We happily announce to you that you have won award of $370,000 at the London Payment Center!!!

TICKET NUMBER: 23-04-31-77-GH
SERIAL NUMBERS: 266-194-19

Your e-mail address above attached to ticket number: 23-04-31-77-GH which drew the lucky numbers: 65 32 09 12 00 36 43, which subsequently won you the lottery in Category 2D. Therefore you must contact the Claiming Agent Manager,

JONES PARSONS
+4470- 3194- 8684, +4470- 3194- 8968;
FAX: +44-7006-056-741
Email:[email protected]

He will need to confirm everything we have on file to ensure that, there will be no set backs upon the release of these funds to you. I want you to know that verification and confirmation of all of your payment documents have been sent to our affiliate company, (The International Lottery Board of Commissions) from our processing office. Also note that your winnings information will be verify by our processing-coordinators who has been evaluated by our legal department. This will leave you the true beneficiary of the won award under the Overseas Subscribers Agents (OSA), and zoned under the London Tax Revenue office.

Due to a mix up of some email addresses, we ask that you keep this award from public notice until your claim has been fully processed, as this is a part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unwarranted abuse of this program by participants.

Congratulations once more from all members and staff of this program and thank you for being part of our promotional lottery program!!! Note: Do not reply to this email! Contact your claiming agent above.

Sincerely,

MRS JOSEPHINE MARTINS
Correspondent Agent
Overseas Subscribers Agents (OSA).

NOTE: PLEASE KEEP THIS NOTICE IN YOUR PERSONAL FILES, FOR FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE.

My response:

Wow!! This is truly fantastic news! My life is pure crap right now. I lost my job at McDonalds and my welfare checks are running thin. On top of that my wife walked out with my four children, leaving me to pay the mortgage on my double wide trailer. I am truly grateful for the British in that they have rewarded me with such a large supply of money for a lottery i never entered! This is a one in a 7 billion chance! So pleasetell me what I have to do to secure this money. If you wish, I can send a deposit from the remaining money left in my insurance claim from when I had quadruple bypass surgery.

I look forward to claiming this prize.
Please respond.

I responded. I'm going to delay giving him my "information" for as long as possible. I'll try to work in a crusade to find his father's killers later. I like that idea.

To: Abdul Musa
Date: June 17, 2009
Subject: Re: FROM ABDUL MUSA

Abdul,

Yes, that sounds excellent. Have your dead father's business lawyer send me the banking details through e-mail attachment. I will have my secretary, Eura Nittiat, look over it and make sure everything is in order. Once I can verify that the documents are genuine, I will go ahead and send you my information and we can go from there.

Sincerely,

Michael Bezzler

What an unfortunate name your secretary has :p

You should have someone play the part of your secretary and/or lawyer or accountant or banker or whatever.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Abdul-Musa/631785483

could this be him?? i just googled his name and 1st result was that

LOL!!

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fraud/browse_thread/thread/043c68fd28331f13

419: ABDUL MUSA
Options
There are currently too many topics in this group that display first. To make this topic appear first, remove this option from another topic.
There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
Standard view View as tree
Proportional text Fixed text

[Click the star to watch this topic]
[Click the envelope to receive email updates]

flag
1 message - Collapse all - Translate all to Translated (View all originals)
The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted to this group will make your email address visible to anyone on the Internet.
Your reply message has not been sent.
Your post was successful
Cancel

Send Discard

To:
Cc:
Followup To:

Add Cc | Add Followup-to | Edit Subject
Subject:

Validation:
For verification purposes please type the characters you see in the picture below or the numbers you hear by clicking the accessibility icon. Listen and type the numbers you hear
Send Discard

Scam Buster
View profile
More options Aug 20 2008, 1:34 pm
Newsgroups: alt.fraud
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:34:53 +0200
Local: Wed, Aug 20 2008 1:34 pm
Subject: 419: ABDUL MUSA
Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from farizej.centrum.cz ([90.183.38.130]:51908 "EHLO
farizej.centrum.cz" rhost-flags-OK-OK-OK-OK) by ps24.test.onet.pl
with ESMTP id S1006638422AbYHTN6BL24TF;
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:58:01 +0200
Received: by mail255.centrum.cz id S302005055AbYHTNl1 (ORCPT
<rfc822;[email protected]>); Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:41:27 +0200
Received: from 41.207.17.147 by mail1002.centrum.cz (Centrum Mail) with HTTP
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:41:27 +0200
X-Mailer: Centrum Mail 5.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Priority: 3
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: FROM ABDUL MUSA
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
X-OrigFrom: [email protected]
X-ZA0: unknown (-1,0)

DEAR,
MY NAME IS ABDUL MUSA,NATIONALITY SIERRA LEONE. I AM 21 YEARS OLDI LOST MY
FATHER,HE WAS A WELL KNOWN BUSINESS MAN HERE IN ABIDJAN COTE'DIVORE BEFORE
HIS DEATH,HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES DURING ONE OF THIER
BUSINESS ASSOCIATES MEETING IN THE NORTHERN PART OF THIS COUNTRY.

RIGHT NOW I'M PRESENTLY IN ABIDJAN,COTE D'IVOIRE AS REFUGEE(ASYLUM
SEEKERS)IT INTEREST ME TO WRITE YOU FROM MY HEART HOPING THAT YOU WILL NOT
BETRAY ME.

MY FATHER DEPOSITED SOME HUGE SOME OF MONEY IN ONE OF THE BANKS HERE IN
ABIDJAN WHEN HE WAS ALIFE AS THE PROFITS HE MADE FROM HIS BUSINESS,ACCORDING
TO HIM HE SAID THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS MONEY THAT HE WAS POISONED.

INFACT IN A BREAF INTRODUTION ALL THEINFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU WHEN I
HEAR FROM YOU, (THE NAME OF THE BANK AND ALL THE DEPOSIT DOCUMENTS) AS WAS
GIVEN TO ME BY MY FATHER ON HIS BED SIDE BEFORE HE GAVE UP.

HE TOLD ME TO ARRANGE WITH ANY GOD FEARING FOREIGNER WHO WILL HELP ME TO
RECEIVE THIS MONEY IN HIS BANK ACCOUNT TO ENABLE ME GET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY
BEFORE HIS ENEMIES KILL ME.

THIS MONEY TOTALING 2.5MILLION EURO( TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDREND THOUSAND
EURO).HOWEVER, WHAT I NEEDED FROM YOU IS YOUR GOOD ASSISTANCE IN HELPING ME
TRANSFERRING THE SAID SUM TO YOUR ACCOUNT SINCE I AM INEXPERENCED IN THE
WORLD OF BUSINESS.

TREAT ME LIKE YOUR OWN CHILD THAT'S THE REASON WHY I AM ASKING FOR YOUR
SUPPORT.THIS COUNTRY IS NO LONGER CONDUSIVE FOR ME TO STAY
BEST REGARDS
ADBUL MUSA

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkisUHYACgkQ3X7OBc9oRAJM7QCggLOBeOkQ/bRrqGMEQWad1FFu
YIIAoK2GEfFnAqOXPUVkLqJ+DYlJgFVT
=lyC0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply to author Forward

ALSO: http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=85121

The Facebook guy probably isn't him, but the other ones definitely are. I don't know if the story was written by this scammer in particular or if it's just a cut and paste kind of thing. We'll find out, though. He'll probably contradict himself somewhere.

And yeah, I'm definitely going to make a separate email for my secretary.

HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES DURING ONE OF THIER
BUSINESS ASSOCIATES MEETING
those business associates meetings, scary places

Seriously? He never reads your reply. Probably just automated. God damn it use your head.

if the scammer does read your letters, tell him you cannot tell him his information as you are in search of his fathers killer, and thus dont want information free, as your and his life would be in danger if the contact was leaked.

i also like the father's murder revenge idea...just pretend you're a ex-mercenary or special ops guy and know how this things work....or something like that ;)

Yeah, gradually turn the entire saga into an action movie

THIS MONEY TOTALING 2.5MILLION EURO( TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDREND THOUSAND
EURO).HOWEVER, WHAT I NEEDED FROM YOU IS YOUR GOOD ASSISTANCE IN HELPING ME
TRANSFERRING THE SAID SUM TO YOUR ACCOUNT SINCE I AM INEXPERENCED IN THE
WORLD OF BUSINESS.
I read it as:

TROLLING 2.5MILLION EUROPEANS

lead him on until you think you have credible information about him then try to report him. You can either **** with him or save some ignorant old lady a bunch of money.

and if that doesnt work, tell him you killed his father and raped his dead body

Give him all the information about your flight down to wherever he is supposedly based. Wait a few days, then email an elaborate story saying you found a man who you thought was responsible for his fathers death. He denied everything of course but you knew it was him, so you killed him. Then ask him for HIS information so you can return the money you've acquired.

What happened to "Request a picture of said person doing something horribly random for verification of this persons existence"?

What happened to "Request a picture of said person doing something horribly random for verification of this persons existence"?

I'll do that, too. Any suggestions of what I should ask him to do for the picture?

I just got his reply.

To: M. Bezzler
Date: June 18, 2009
Subject: Find attached file for the documents

Dear uncle,

Find attached file for the documents, thank you

With all my best regatds.

Abdul Musa

Wow, so I'm his uncle now. Here are his "documents."

On the second one, the amount is written as "Thirteen Million Three Thousand." Wow. I'll make sure I have my secretary speak with him about that.

Just say you need some money to pay off a loan that has locked you're bank account or soemthing (as you haven't payed it back in like a year)

Then say 'After the loan has been re-payed, we can continue our business.'

Just an idea.

Didn't some guy convince a scammer to get a tattoo in order to get his details? Do that, that would be awesome.

I say you should do something to piss him off, or make him angry, without doing something that will make him think your'e just messing with him. Tell him "You know, my friend tells me that your'e a scammer, I don't know if I should give you the money." Something that would make you angry. (If you were a scammer :p)
If you send him a penis, and it turns out it was all automated, then there is no lulz.

I've already made this story a movie, anyway.

poster362b1c4e6a1b76a5a.jpg

Back