• true

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • false

Votes: 51 81.0%

• Total voters

xcellerate

Tank
Reaction score
A friend and I are having a stupid argument over the order of some words, and the intelligence of the world population to differentiate between them.

I don't want this to break into ANY sort of a debate, it's a very simple question about phrasing, NOT terrorism or religion.

Its too simple a poll. Do you mean are all muslims terroists? If so, then of course not. If you mean are the terroists who did 9/11, 7/7 and Madrid muslims? Then yes.

Its too simple a poll. Do you mean are all muslims terroists? If so, then of course not. If you mean are the terroists who did 9/11, 7/7 and Madrid muslims? Then yes.

We're not talking about anything specifically. It's simply asking if you think that "muslims are terrorists" is a true or false statement.

Terrorism is a socioeconomic + political thing. Religion isn't involved in any way.

NO.

Obviously your grasp of English isn't so great. If the poll meant only some Muslims, then it would need the word some in there.

To quote a phrase I heard a few years ago...

Not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are sure as hell Muslims...

^^^ the bloke you're quoting should read a book

Also, poll fails

All Muslims are terrorists, but some Muslims are more terrorists than others.

(Orwell joke, just in case you thought I was actually serious. It's difficult to tell my jokes over the net.)

Muslims are terrorists.

That doesn't imply all Muslims are terrorists, just that somewhere, some, are.

The statement, interpreted the right way, is in itself correct, I suppose.

This is ****ing ridiculous. Whoever put "true" is a complete moron.

Hi!

I put true.
As many terrorists are Muslims.

I put false.
As many people of other religions are terrorists also, but I would never EVER make a statement like "muslims are terrorists" or "catholics are terrorists". That's just silly.

False, because not all terrorists are muslim, and hardly any muslims are terrorists.

To quote a phrase I heard a few years ago...

Not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are sure as hell Muslims...

Tell that to the IRA. Oh I forgot they are freedom fighters, fighting the good cause by blowing up pubs :dozey:

All Muslims are Terrorwrists!!

TerrorWrist.jpg

Oh, and we have four morons on these boards.

I are came.
This is pretty ridiculous.

Indeed.

I wonder who those 4 people are. Basically the statement is saying that if you're muslim then you're also a terrorist, implying that 100% of muslims are terrorists.

Yeah, at first I thought it was a trick question, and then I realized that this wasn't a retarded grammar question to make you get the answer wrong.

Tell that to the IRA. Oh I forgot they are freedom fighters, fighting the good cause by blowing up pubs :dozey:
Most modern armys have done worse.

I find it strange how the IRA gets so utterly demonised for this. Yes it was an atrocity, but it was an accident.

The IRA always gave warnings when they blew up civilian targets, civilians only died when they were doing business at military targets, or a warning couldn't be phoned in due to a broken phone or the bomb went off early.

They did their best to minimise civilian casualties whilst still waging an effective war. The British and coallition armies in Iraq have been far more careless and indiscriminate than the IRA ever have. Yet the IRA are evil monsters, and the soldiers, well they're just doing their jobs.

I'm not trying to justify what the IRA did here, but I just find it so strange, that murder becomes so respectable when done by the state from the bombs of a F-16 or whatever. Why does no-one scream, 'the US army are evil monsters' when they bomb a wedding or a hospital, even among the anti-war contingent people don't say things like that. But the IRA, they are 'those bastards who blew up a pub.'

Btw I voted yes on the vote..

It's to do with the grammar.

The key is in the word 'muslims'

It is a plural of Muslim, so it means there are an unspecified amount of Muslims, more than 1, who are terrorists.

Heh, I just noticed that... I thought there was something odd about it.

I put true.
As many terrorists are Muslims.

I don't remember that being the question. Also, you're vastly underestimating how large of the world population is muslim (one-fifth to one-sixth of the world population). Anyway, those "many" muslims practicing terrorism do so when aggravated and use it more in a strategic sense than a religious one.

Edit: Sorry, I read that as you saying many muslims are terrorists. Still though, putting true is still wrong. The question is one of equivalency, you can't vote true and then say it's because most terrorists are muslim when saying most muslims are terrorists is so obviously false.

Muslims are terrorists - Evidently false. The lack of a word like some means that the statement is being used as a statement for the entire gorup, which is obviously ridiculous.

I'm sure if these people weren't led to believe that going explodey gets them to heaven, they'd be generally nice guys.
Or not.

Muslims are terrorists - Evidently false. The lack of a word like some means that the statement is being used as a statement for the entire gorup, which is obviously ridiculous.

which is the entire point, my friend was saying the general population is so stupid they couldn't tell the difference between two statements like "muslims are terrorists" and "some terrorists are muslim".

So rather than walking around campus, I figured I'd just poll you guys...and as I thought, most everybody was able to notice that the way I phrased it in the poll is incorrect.

I have no clue where some of you are getting your grammar skills from. "Muslims are terrorists" is a completely unambiguous statement. It doesn't say "Muslims can be terrorists", or "most terrorists are Muslims", or "An unspecified number of Muslims could potentially be terrorists."

Muslims.

Are.

Terrorists.

There's no grey area.

The answer is obviously NO.

No, it is most certainly yes.

You wouldn't disagree with the statement: People are asleep, would you?
No, you don't read it as, all people are asleep. Just there are an amount of people who are.

Muslims are terrorists. Because there is an amount of muslims, plural, who are.

The statement does not imply that all Muslims are terrorists, or the reverse of that.

It is simply saying, there are a plural amount of Muslims who are terrorrists.

The statement does not imply that all Muslims are terrorists, or the reverse of that.

It is simply saying, there are a plural amount of Muslims who are terrorrists.
There are Muslims and there are terrorists. Just like there are Christians and there are hate groups as well as ignorant hypocrites that claim to be Christian. Nuff said.

Back