Help Offered: Experienced Mapper

FreemanHL2

Reaction score
Ive been mapping in HAMMER for awhile now, im looking to join a MOD team if anyone requires my help. Ive attached a few badly compressed screenshots of some levels ive created for CS:S... Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• cs_mexico0003.jpg
    cs_mexico0003.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 297
  • cs_mexico0011.jpg
    cs_mexico0011.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 289
  • cs_station0018.jpg
    cs_station0018.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 291
  • cs_station0025.jpg
    cs_station0025.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 299
  • japan10014.jpg
    japan10014.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 343
It looks like you know how to create working maps for cs and hl2... But they still look like square rooms filled with prop_static's.

-dodo

Kind of agree with Dodo. Your texturing is pretty good, but as he said most of the shots are boxes filled with props. Try to add some variation, but still, good work.

i olso have to agree with dodo, the maps are pretty good, but try adding several irregularity's in your rooms, and try to avoid to use the same prop/texture type all over again.
like 6Three said, variation.

but for the rest, keep up the good work !

Ye i need to expand on my level design skills but I kno my way around the editor very well, and im quite capable of creating wateva is nessassary... Just looking for a MOD to expand my skills on really, if anyone is offering. Or else I will just continue mapping in my spare time lol peace out dudes

Well, I am making a MOD from Half-Life 2 Deathmatch called Black Source. Its a MOD with massive guns and huge armour. Looks a bit lie Unreal Tournament. I need some maps made for it. Any maps would do as long as they are made using Hammer set for Half Life 2 Deathmatch and they look modern and futuristic.

Any help would be appreciated. If you would like to help, PM me for my MSN or Email and you can call yourself part of the team.

PS. If you are interested, I'll send you some screenshots of the gameplay in Beta.

Thanks
-Matt

Work on your lighting a bit, it there is no contrast to the maps.

Back