help with gfx settings

M

maxwell2002ad

hi,
i have this problem that when i chnage the gfx settings on the AA and the other setting (forgot wats its called :sleep: ) the screen just goes black and nothing else or it just crashes and shutsdown with a error!!!!

my specs....

amd athlon xp 2800
nvidia FX 5200 256mb
512 ram
windows xp

with that card you shouldn't even look at the aa and af options

Yeah. I have to agree with Killah. I think you should kill the AA and AF for now until you can get a better card.

If you're pressed for cash the 9800 series cards have fallen a lot in price but will difinitly give you better performance. But if you want to turn up all the eye candy, I'd suggest a 6800 series or X800 series. Any card in either series will suit your eyes well. The 6800 GT is the recommendation I give to most people. Gives the most bang for the buck, IMO. Anf there should be no argument, especially now that CS:S is avail, if the 6800 series will suit your HL needs, b/c it runs it just as well from what I have seen in the past 2 days. Nothing like real life testing.

one thing if you gonna buy a 6800 gt you'd better look @ your powersupply to because the card needs a juicy one of 480w i thought

Back