Help with Hl2 Ep2 crashing at loading... screen

techdaddy

Reaction score
all my other steam games, right up to hl2 work just fine. I've played ep2 before, but it's been awhile.. haven't changed anything about the pc since the last time i played.

AMD XP 3200+
2G Ram
Ati Radeon 9600 (yes, old but worked fine before and I have updated drives)

I've seen several posts (most older) about this same thing but without any resolution that helps me.

I ran the last time with -condebug option and got the following in my console.log file:

Unable to remove d:\steam\steamapps\biskit83\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\gamestats.log!
maxplayers set to 1
Steam config directory: d:\steam\steamapps\biskit83\half-life 2 episode two\platform\config
Hud element 'CMapOverview' doesn't have an entry 'overview' in scripts/HudLayout.res
Unknown command "sv_backspeed"
info_particle_system (fx_portal_storm_3_branch1) has no particle system name specified!
info_particle_system (fx_portal_storm_5) has no particle system name specified!
info_particle_system (fx_portal_storm_3_branch2) has no particle system name specified!
info_particle_system (fx_portal_storm_3_branch3) has no particle system name specified!
Dead end link: track.sound.2
DataTable warning: env_sprite: Out-of-range value (128.000000) in SendPropFloat 'm_flGlowProxySize', clamping.

gamestats.log doesn't seem to exist...

basically, it launches, gives me the picture of the guy with a faucet on his head, the text screen then it goes to the blurry picture which says "loading..." in the bottom right hand corner. after a few seconds, the screen turns black and the computer reboots...

thanks in advance!

wait the computer reboots? that doesnt sound right.. most software wont do that unless there is a problem with your OS.

assuming your using steam, try to verify game data and such through steam.. if that fails i think i would recommend trying to reinstall steam and all the games ( or just the broken ones )

Back