Help x800 very low frames

R

rada

Hi I need help with my card (radeon x800 pro) I have done almost everything that can be done, I have the latest drivers (catalyst 5.3) also tried the omega ones, I have done formats, well I have tried everything and all useless.

The problem is that my card has a very poor performance with anything based on half life 2 engine, with very low frames per second, it doesnt matter what settings I put on the card or the game I still get the same ammount of frames.

If I put everything in low with no AA or AF and the Vertical Sync disabled I get the exact same ammount of fps that with AA 4x and AF 8x with VS disabled.

I tested the card with other games and has a great performance also gave me a benchmark of 10765 @ 3dmark 03 but with half life 2 or counter strike source the fps drop very low along with strange lag spikes.

A friend of mine has the same motherboard as I do and has the exact same problem, other friend of mine has the same motherboard but a radeon 9500 pro and gets better performance than I do. Im going to leave my specs here to see if any1 has the same problem.

Another thing is that when I run half life 2 the power supply seems to get really hot, I bought an antec psu 500w b/c my old psu stoped working after playing half life 2 for about 30 mins.(The same happened the friend of mine that owns the same mother board, ram and video card)

My specs are:

Cpu: P4 3.0e HT 800mhz fsb 1mb cache
Video:Radeon x800pro 256mb
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro-G
Ram: 1gb Kingston 400mhz(2 x 512) @ dual channel
Psu: Antec 500w

I would apreciate some help and sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Hmm you maybe connected the x800 power cable into the wrong place. One of the cables must be connected to your harddrive. And i suggest you download ATI Tool and check the card temperature, it can also be checked with the gfx settings in windows. If it runs to hot then thats the problem.

EDIT: this might not be the right forum to ask, so maybe its better to go to the ATi support or some x800 related forums =)

I think it really has to do with your motherboard or your CPU Power Supply . Because i have a DFI Lanparty UT Nf3 250Gb, considered to be 1 of the best available motherboards and i have an Ati Radeon 9800 Pro and i can play Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source and Doom3 perfectly on their highest graphics. So it either has to do with your motherboard or your CPU Power Supply. Because if you have a 200watt power supply, its not going to be enough to power an X800

Make sure you have your motherboard/chipset drivers.

Run 3D Mark 01 for us, then 3dmark 05.

Case fans, front as intakes, rear as exhausts.

Hmmmm i dont know whats wrong i have the same setup basicly and awsome fps . make sure you have the card placed properly and secure.

Back