help!!!

Very strange. I dunno. You basically flipped the switch off, unplugged it, then remebered a CD was in there so you plugged it back in and flipped the switch again? Wow that is weird. Sorry man, I dunno.

Geez this sucks. Uh... ugh I dunno. Unless somebody like Asus or Blahblahblah or guinny is on now, they're your only hope now, I think if anyone could fix this it'd be Asus. But I think you might have to get a professional or something to come.

One more thing: did you touch the case before touching any other parts to make sure you didn't have any static charge? I don't think this would hurt the CD-Drive and I doubt it would hurt the psu, but just in case you could have very well given a part in there a shock if you weren't careful and killed it.

If you didn't open your case then that's really weird, there is no way in hell that you could have done something by turning the switch off, realizing you have a cd in there and turning it back on. Unless you're Charlie Brown. "Good grief!"

i opened the case after i had turned off the PSU, i began to pull the plug on the CD drive slightly when i remembered about the CD, so i put the plug back into the drive and flipped the swith on the PSU again... and thats when it happened... and i did discharge myself

i think the PSU swith might've broken in the off position... or it died... or something else died... like a piece of my soul ;(

- Make sure the computer is plugged into the wall
- Make sure you flip the power supply switch back on as well
- Make sure your motherboard power connector is still in the motherboard as well
- Check to make sure the rest of you computer is hooked up properly (IDE, molex plugs, RAM, etc). That means unplugging them and plugging them back in.

To be honest, this seems like a "well, duh!" type of problem. If you haven't been in the case, I doubt anything has happened to your computer or powersupply.

yes, everything is plugged in! ;(

and for the record: the ON light for the mobo is not lit

thehunter1320 said:
i opened the case after i had turned off the PSU, i began to pull the plug on the CD drive slightly when i remembered about the CD, so i put the plug back into the drive and flipped the swith on the PSU again... and thats when it happened... and i did discharge myself

i think the PSU swith might've broken in the off position... or it died... or something else died... like a piece of my soul ;(

What do the static jump to?

Do you have the risers on the motherboard so they mobo metal is NOT touching the mobo tray? IF not then you coulda fried your baord and you should take it out and put the risers(spacers) in

Maybe you dont have enough wattage for DVD how much wattage you have? I once had 220 Wattage and added a Sony dvd burner and it was ok now i have 450 watts! :)

blahblahblah said:
What do the static jump to?

the top of the case

the DVD burner isn't even in, and i have a 400W Allied PSU

and yes i have risers

Might be a long shot but this is something that might work.

Some motherboards have a case sensor, wich is just a little switch that senses if your case is open (to prevent people from stealing stuff or something).

You might be having problems because this switch is on. Try closing your case and trying to power up again.

Like i said, it's a long shot.

You know, you could have just broke the switch.

If so its like a 20 cent repair job.

Maybe you accidently unplugged the wire leading from the case's 'on' button to the mobo? You could borrow a friend's psu and swap it in just to make sure that's what the problem is.

First of all, calm down. Shut up with this "part of me has died" crap, it's only a computer, and more than likely only a PSU.

Just put another PSU in and check it. Borrow one off a mate of something. I strongly doubt you have fried your motherboard, and it's not unusual for a power supply to die at random. It's happened to me, it's happened to my brother twice. These things happen, they cost sweet f*ck all.

Back