Help!!!

Spam

Reaction score
i am an intermediate at map making but as strange as this may seem i cannot get props to show. I have tried all modes of props but when i compile the map and play on it...NOTHING is there, does anyone know why this happens?

Make sure
start fade dist/pixels is -1
end fade dist/pixels is 0

My guess is that you accidentally grabbed the resize box that sets those settings instead of moving the entity.

Limpet said:
Make sure
start fade dist/pixels is -1
end fade dist/pixels is 0

My guess is that you accidentally grabbed the resize box that sets those settings instead of moving the entity.

So that's what that does...

Yeah, the handels on the bounding type box "resizes" the model but really it only moves it, and the ones on the inside side the fade distances, if you pull it out far enough you'll see the yellow sphere.

nope that doesnt work. the objects doesnt load at all

Is it a prop_static? Press Alt+Enter with it selected then change the "World Model" to the model you want.

If it's a physics prop, then it won't show if you make it a prop_static (WORST DESIGN DECISION OF ALL TIME, BAR NONE.)

StardogChampion said:
If it's a physics prop, then it won't show if you make it a prop_static (WORST DESIGN DECISION OF ALL TIME, BAR NONE.)

I do believe most people check their compile logs and in-game consoles for warnings ;)

They really needed to add a static/physics prefix to each of those models, it's terribly boring to try two different compiles just so get the damn model working.

Back