• No!

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • You suck at polls.

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

MiccyNarc

Tank
Reaction score
What if you came across a red button that says brightly "Do not press under any circumstances"

It's guaranteed that if you press it you won't get caught, no one will ever know it was you unless you tell them. Do you press it?

theres no way i would manage to abstain if i did come across such a button.

Who cares, i probably wouldn't, but i did vote yes cos i just couldn't resist voting for that big red bar.

I voted yes, because I've done it before. I was sitting down in a "reception" area waiting and no one was there. I looked over and saw a toilet with a red button on the side wall near it.

I pressed it, made a huge noise and a red light flashed. The toilet was for disabled people and the red button was a "help me" alarm. Lucky no one was there. :D

I would first look around and see what the red button is inside of EX: If it was inside of a Car I would, If it was inside of a nuclear power plant NO WAY!

Darth Sidious said:
If it was inside of a nuclear power plant NO WAY!
Meh, whats the worst that can happen in there...

Hectic Glenn said:
Meh, whats the worst that can happen in there...
I could blow the plant up causing nuclear luquid to flow into the river or streams and into the ocean causing all of the fish to die, And for it to get into the soil causing some strange reaction. Also have tons of acid rain and all of that good stuff that you learned in Science class. But no nothing to bad :LOL:

Any red button is guarenteed to be accompanied by a loud noise. Unless you broke it that is...you vandal!

Radioactive isotopes of carbon and iodine causing thyroid cancer is usually another problem i believe from nuclear fallout, and yeah, contamination of soils, local water supplies, livestock...you may have a point. The likelihood is you need to blow up a nuclear power station to achieve that, any big red button in a power station is probably to flush a loo. LETS BE SERIOUS. What would Shens do?

Think how badly none of you would. I mean, I seriously doubt any of you have even triggered a fire alarm deliberately.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Think how badly none of you would. I mean, I seriously doubt any of you have even triggered a fire alarm deliberately.

-Angry Lawyer

true.
:(

Even though it would be very tempting, I wouldn't. I'm too much of a wuss:LOL:

I voted Yes. Just to validate my vote, I voted Yes before I had read what I was voting about.

Angry Lawyer said:

-Angry Lawyer

Ah but they don't have the same mystery around them, nor the almost inviting "DO NOT PRESS" on them.

But the implication is the same. Anyone who's stood alone in a corridor beside a fire alarm, away from anyone able to identify them, and not pressed it has no legal right to say they would press a similar button in a similar situation.

-Angry Lawyer

MiccyNarc said:
What if you came across a red button that says brightly "Do not press under any circumstances"

It's guaranteed that if you press it you won't get caught, no one will ever know it was you unless you tell them. Do you press it?

It is most likely a 'nuclear launch authorization' button, and the reason nobody knows you did it is because the place you pressed the button was atomized, erasing finger-print evidence

Angry Lawyer said:
But the implication is the same. Anyone who's stood alone in a corridor beside a fire alarm, away from anyone able to identify them, and not pressed it has no legal right to say they would press a similar button in a similar situation.

-Angry Lawyer

Yeah, but the phrase that swings it for me is: "It's guaranteed that if you press it you won't get caught, no one will ever know it was you unless you tell them." Whereas I'm rather paranoid (and admittedly, a scaredy cat) and even away from people able to identify me I probably wouldn't do it for fear someone would.

However, if it was guaranteed, I would.

Hah, what are the chances this thread shows up today. My teacher in robotics was telling us about this big red button on the wall which shut off all electricity in the room, for safety reasons. It was the classic red button, it was just beautiful.

SimonomiS said:
Yeah, but the phrase that swings it for me is: "It's guaranteed that if you press it you won't get caught, no one will ever know it was you unless you tell them." Whereas I'm rather paranoid (and admittedly, a scaredy cat) and even away from people able to identify me I probably wouldn't do it for fear someone would.

However, if it was guaranteed, I would.

There is no such thing as a guarantee, in the case of big buttons.

-Angry Lawyer

i just want to know who would make a button that the maker didnt want anyone to push...

Ok, mayb not a fire alarm but any other big, bright red buttons id press. I mean come on its a RED BUTTON *runs in circles* :D

Ever presse dthe "Emergency Stop" button in a factory/school machine shop? Didn't think so.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Ever presse dthe "Emergency Stop" button in a factory/school machine shop? Didn't think so.
The whole point of the button in the thread is that we don't know what is going to happen when we press it. If it's labelled "Fire Alarm" or "Emergency Stop", there is nothing to discover by pressing the button, so I'd leave it alone.

Angry Lawyer said:

-Angry Lawyer

My mates and I have a little habit of doing that randomly when people start using it (Theres ones across the room for some machines). Makes them panic and think they've broken the machine.

kupoartist said:
The whole point of the button in the thread is that we don't know what is going to happen when we press it. If it's labelled "Fire Alarm" or "Emergency Stop", there is nothing to discover by pressing the button, so I'd leave it alone.

576246294440f50878cccc.gif

How many of you pressed that?

Seriously, though, there's no such thing as an unmarked button.

-Angry Lawyer

If there's one thing I ever learned from video games, it's that buttons need to be pressed.

Angry Lawyer said:
How many of you pressed that?

Seriously, though, there's no such thing as an unmarked button.

-Angry Lawyer
The big red button I described earlier was completely unmarked.

It was me who pressed the big red button before the distaster in HL1 :(

Back