Heres an idea....

B

blackparagon

Now we all hated Xen.
However, we all loved Black mesa.

Now, I've been thinking, and how sweet would it be if about two thirds through the game, someone says "gordon.... we have to go back to ground zero.... we have to go to back to where it all started.... we have to go to black mesa....."

and then the last portion of the game was spent running around a crumbling, infested black mesa (different parts from the first game) but what a great ****ing last section that would be.

Just an idea :)

black mesa was nuked by g-man in opfor. he would just die of radioactivity. good idea, just not perfect.

Doesn't the HEV protect against radiactivity?

only if it has some of those energy cells... than you die when you run out

This is what happened to black mesa...

Attachments

• small atom.jpg
    small atom.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 400
I'm not sure where Valve said that there will be no Black mesa, but they definitely said that some locations of the first game will be revisited, and that there will be no Xen. I guessed that meant that Black mesa would be in the game.

I can't be bothered to find my sources, but do a search if you must.

I reckon, you will go to xen or another alien planet.

(if your not already on one eg: city 17 not on earth)

I think that you will return to Black Mesa - through a teleport.

Originally posted by Marijn
this makes sense since there was some art shown with the name teleport.

see this pic.

Nope thats a guy working on the telephone lines after one of those hover craft manatee looking things went by.

<Tiny voice>

Um... I liked Xen...

...Am I abnormal?

...Help!

... Seeya... in the local mental institution.

Originally posted by Brian Damage
<Tiny voice>

Um... I liked Xen...

...Am I abnormal?

...Help!

... Seeya... in the local mental institution.
abnormal well maybe a little, i have to admit though that after 5 yeas i just recently aslo completed the Xen leevl and must say it wasn't that bad.
I think the main problem with xen wasn't the jumping or the enemies itself but the fact tat it was such a style change from black mesa. Black mesa was somehow recognisable with enemies that made somewhat sense and you had a good understanding why you were heading a certain way and how to get there. (eg. to the surface, to the rocket, etc.)
In xen there was this odd thing, somehwere, to whom you had to do something....

I think it was because valve had to finish hl up early, i've heard if they had more time that gordan would of flown an apache through black mesa or something.

it's do able with the engine, maybe it just didn't fit in the story line.

Originally posted by Aknot
Nope thats a guy working on the telephone lines after one of those hover craft manatee looking things went by.

I liked xen, and I think it will return.

Yes, I know they said it wouldn't but... well i think they lied. There have been lots of little subtle hints that have suggested to me they might return to xen. For example ...

Re HL1 (paraphrased): 'Well we didn't really pull of xen the way we envisioned'

Re HL2 (paraphrased): 'Well lots of people didn't like the xen in Half-Life 1 so we wanted to make sure we didn't do anything like that"

Both of these leave room for a new improved xen, or at least some kind of alien world/dimension. *crosses fingers*

They've also said outright that they will not be returning to xen, however.
Though they also said september 30th :D

Seeing Black Mesa in the new Source engine would be utter heaven :)

God, now you made me want HL2 even more! argh!

No seeing XEN is Source would be an utter heaven. And the physics too. They would all make me bark!

HL was rushed for completion. Did you know those crystals at the end with Nihilanth were the same type of crystal you did a test on at the beginning that caused this whole mess? They meant to make it more clear but didn't get to.

wan't it supposed to be like that, because you were testing crystals from xen?

Nuke? I never played that game... did the nuke look cool?

I hope there is a Black Mesa... or at least a mod! I'll make it if i have to.

I dont remember him nuking it, and I played it like a month or 2 ago

pressure that link in ur sig is very strange. but i like it for some odd reason

And I think the most interesting part of HL was Xen...
I mean... you are alone in a world that you dont know....it scary.

like my trip to Canada, what were they all talking aboot, aaay

Back