Hi!!I'm sorry to ask...

R

razormagoo

I know that there have been alot of topics on what specs are needed for hl2.....but you see, i'm not to experienced when it comes to computers and technology and i've tried searching for my graphics card,not much has come up so i'm guessing its old and not to good and thats what i really want to know,if my graphics card is crap or not...b.t.w i play far cry on low/medium settings...here are my specs...

Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1.91 GHZ
512 DDR RAM
80g hard drive 7200
Verto Ge force 5700 LE 128 mb DDR(got it when my computer was built)

please forgive me,as i know this has been asked soooooooooo many times....(go easy on me)

Thanks alot....jon

razormagoo said:
I know that there have been alot of topics on what specs are needed for hl2.....but you see, i'm not to experienced when it comes to computers and technology and i've tried searching for my graphics card,not much has come up so i'm guessing its old and not to good and thats what i really want to know,if my graphics card is crap or not...b.t.w i play far cry on low/medium settings...here are my specs...

Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 1.91 GHZ
512 DDR RAM
80g hard drive 7200
Verto Ge force 5700 LE 128 mb DDR(got it when my computer was built)

please forgive me,as i know this has been asked soooooooooo many times....(go easy on me)

Thanks alot....jon
You shoudl be fine . not ultra high settigns tho

The game will be playable on DirectX 7 hardware (much older than what you have) and the rest of your machine looks to be powerful enough to run the game well.

You may not see all the bells and whistles that people with the latest hardware will, but you should still have a good gameplay experience.

You can run "dxdiag" from a command prompt to pull up your DirectX diagnostic window, which will give you a ton of useful info on your sound card, video card, and other stuff. That's a good first place to start when asking for support.

And welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for the replys,
I appreciate it....
B.T.W i know it must be anoeing to here the same questions over and over again,i'm not trying to get attention or anything...thanks again

Your comp should run fine. In CS:S beta (i know its not as detailed as HL2 so it runs better) at 1024x768 2X AA and settings on High I can get 40-65 fps on my old Gforce 4 ti 4200 64mb card. Im sure yours will run fine.

Back