Highway 17 do I need the buggy?

rdt1955

Reaction score
Hello, I abandoned the buggy pretty near the start of this level. I have just downed the 'helicopter' and one of the characters tells me to get the buggy and he will open the gate for me. Can i proceed on foot or do I have to give up?

Thanks.

If you don't bring the buggy you're going to need to do some sequence breaking.

I have no idea myself but I know it's been done.

Here's a video I found on Youtube though:

Enable the developer console through options > keyboard > advanced. Open it with ' (button below ESC) - type in: ch_createjeep

That should spawn you a buggy. Not sure if you need cheats on or not. If it doesn't work type: sv_cheats 1 first then try it.

What's this createjeep nonsense, Glenn? Everyone knows you create a buggy with impulse 82!

I think I always used the ch one, well we are going back like 4 years or so

I remember I used to be able to spawn an airboat and then give it a gun. Loved using it in Highway 17. Then one day the cheat to enable the gun stopped working :(

You don't really need the buggy, tough it out through your mistakes. Spawning stuff ruins the first time gameplay.
When you come across unexpected enemies and shit your pants, then unload too many rounds of your already low supply...its wonderful experience!
Part of the fun is improvising. Goddamit you're Gordon Freeman a physicist with science on your side!

I would've thought you would at least need the buggy to get across the two broken bridges in Highway 17? (Those bridges being the one in the first map and the one in the third map) Is there no other way to get across those?

Completing Highway 17 or Sandtraps without the buggy is illogical and incomprehensible.

Ta very much like...

The video was excellent. Did not realize that I could simply climb the cliff after the 'unjumpable' bridge.
There was no way I was going to restart the whole game again on my xbox.

Back