HiT-SQUAD: MAC M10 skin

M

Mailman

Here's a work in progress shot of my newest skin for HS:

mac10_wip4.jpg

I like it! No factory-new look that most weapons have :)

The clip seems very very long though...

Extended magazine. :)

The model and it's skin looks great, nice effort.

I backed off the scratches layer to 50% and took out a large gash:

mac10_wip5.jpg

ok since i cant edit i think you should work on bump mapping and also decrease the opacity of the high lights.

I agree about the bump mapping. I've been thinking we could put it to good use on things like the grooves on the barrel and most of the scratches.

just one question did u touch htese up after rendering ? coz some color seems to be coming outside the rendered area?

looks great. as for the bump mapping i'm not sure it would be a wise o do with weapon models. just because the GC doesn't have to draw the extra polys doesn't mean it will be faster than having to draw the realistic dynamic shadows tracked across the weapons surface. plus anyone not running a high end VC will not see the bump maps.

The first pic is OLD SKOOL! ****in sweet, i get a Romero zombie movie feelibf of if soehow, Brilliant skin

hmmmm. Looks alright. Its still way to scratched. Unless u are having it as a weapon for a terrorist or something, but most people tyend to look after there weapons and not throw them at large walls.

Mac 10s look cheap to start with ;). IMO the skin is pretty dang cool. Are the highlights part of the skin or did you spec map?

Its a weapon for a mafia guy. Its probably been used to crack open a few skulls and maybe even hammer nails. The Mac10 is a fairly boring looking gun to start with.

Originally posted by mindless_moder
just one question did u touch htese up after rendering ? coz some color seems to be coming outside the rendered area?

I don't think Mailman did any post work on them. Which parts were you talking about?

I think that's due to the image format compression bud.

Originally posted by mindless_moder
cant u see bits of browns outside the gun render area?

I think Rec is correct. It's probably from the compression.

isn't it like made of marble???
But i know all of disadvantages of posting skined modells without final shaders (this could change a lot I Hope)

Back