HK UMP Renders

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just made a HK UMP .45 for a HL2 Mod I am working on. This is my first try at the UMP, and I think I did fairly well, especially at 2500 triangles :D

well, here it is, new renders will be up later:
showcaseump.jpg

ump1.jpg

ump2.jpg

Helpful crits and comments are welcome :D

If I missed anything accuracy-wise, I'll try to fix it up. Oh btw, the folding stock mechanism is basically a custom design.

The only thing I would say is the handle looks a bit blocky, but a hand will be over it anyways.

Question though, how did you do the recessed part where that charging handle slides in?

Well, I rounded off the handle a bit more on the edges, and made the stock foldable.

showcaseump5.jpg

showcaseump6.jpg

As for your question, Waffles, I made cuts on the side of the gun to shape the sliding part. After it was extruded inward, I made cuts along the green areas in the pic below. I made these cuts so when I pushed the polygons selected (see pic below) inward, so it would not interfere with the entire side of the gun. If I didn't make those cuts, it wouldn't look very good, the sides would be triangulated.

slidingdiagram.jpg

-The charging handle 'slot' isn't opened.
-Magazines are too thin.
-Now I take a closer look... it's a bit thin overall.
-The bullets in the mag aren't .45s for sure :D
-Please take off that ugly foregrip :(
-shell ejector's 'guide' is too thin.

Hey thanks for the info, and thank you for the compliment Ichi :D

ump1.jpg

I see what you meant by being "not open". I just realized it's only open when it slides back ;)

I also tried it with out the foregrip (I can see you aren't a big fan of them lol), and it does look pretty awesome without it. I also made the mags slightly wider. I also looked at a .45 bullet, and I see why you said it wasn't .45 :D

So, can we expect more cool renders? :D

(I can see you aren't a big fan of them lol)

Yeah, since they don't look all that cool and are overused by CS :p

Why not making an .40S&W UMP anyway? Mine's the only one right now, if I remember correctly :D

So, can we expect more cool renders?

Oh yes of course :thumbs:

I'll be making an entire showcase of this gun as well as my other project, the XM8. Now, all I need is a skinner ;(

my other project, the XM8

Oh no! Please not ;( !!!11one

Now, all I need is a skinner

Believe me, they're rare! If you can find one try to sneak up behind it and catch it with a huge net!

Well, here are just some renders I'm messing around with. Basically shows the features of the UMP (foldable stock, removable clip, etc.)

ump1.jpg

ump2.jpg

ump3.jpg

Much better ;)

But you could have left the rail under the handguard :D

more things:

-the screws on the magazine are not 'out' they're 'in' ... you'll understand
-the front! take a look from the side (reference pic), on your model it looks like a step.
-the charging handle 'way' goes up into the top of the gun, not just like a 'L'
-I think the magazine is still a bit too thin :D

Hooray :D that's nearly excellent! A few minor fixes here and there, but apart from that... thumbs up!

it seems a little flat to me. but then ive never studied a ump before.

Whoo hoo! I've fixed most of the errors, most noticeably the front sight area. It now blends more with the weapon. Let's have a look at the finished product, poly count was a bit more than I thought (around 4500), but still in my poly range :D

ump7.jpg

ump8.jpg

Thanks again for the info about the UMP :D

I took a look at a few UMP pics and saw a few things that you might want to change.
-The rail on the forgrip drops down a little too far.

-Might be wrong, but it looks like the back sight doesn't line up well with the front site, either the front one is too high, or the back one is too low.

-The rail near the back sight looks a bit too thick.

-The third cylindrical hole (the smaller one) should go all the way through to the other side, this really wont effect the gun much, and if its going to be viewed in a first person perspective it wont be noticable.

Otherwise it is a very good looking model! Keep it up.

Reference: http://world.guns***/smg/smg16-e.htm

OT:

Recoil: What has Varg|Hund done for you? Read your sig

Keeps getting better, red :) make the whole thing a bit thicker.

Sieni: he stole my (old) avatar for a short time to get in there; and that was after the 'steal so's avatar-day' ;(

-The third cylindrical hole (the smaller one) should go all the way through to the other side, this really wont effect the gun much, and if its going to be viewed in a first person perspective it wont be noticable.

Well, if I think I'm not mistaken, the third hole does not go through. Look at this picture

There is a piece of silver-like metal covering the hole, if this is the hole you are talking about.

I also lined the sights up a little bit more, but I'm still working on that part. I'll have a new set of renders when it's finished.
:D

hey,
thorvale want to know an extremely easy way to line them up? just use a box and go from one sight to the other, I did that and just built aroudn that and they are both aligned so try that and hope it helps, also the front iron sight looks not curved enough, I mean the slant towards it :D I was always wondering abotu that whole ?!?! lol :) good luck
oldfaq

thorvale the red said:
Well, if I think I'm not mistaken, the third hole does not go through. Look at this picture

There is a piece of silver-like metal covering the hole, if this is the hole you are talking about.

I also lined the sights up a little bit more, but I'm still working on that part. I'll have a new set of renders when it's finished.
:D

Ok my bad, it was just from the picture I was looking at: http://world.guns***/smg/hk_ump45.jpg the hole went all the way through.

Ok my bad, it was just from the picture I was looking at: http://world.guns***/smg/hk_ump45.jpg the hole went all the way through.

Yeah, a bright shiny metal on a white background can be decieving ;)

Well, here are the renders of the unskinned finished product, with a fixed sight, which are really just custom made, but still look good to me, raised rail handle on the bottom, and I believe I added the screws beneath the two slots in the front. Now, I just have to learn how to skin or get a skinner on the mod team ;( When this is skinned, the "UMP Showcase" render set will be up :thumbs:

ump9.jpg

ump10.jpg

ump11.jpg

ump12.jpg

Thanks guys for your comments and advice! :E

Back