HL:S included for free with HL2 ?

It will probably be with the collectors edition.

Chances are, it'll be a free download off steam for people that bought HL2, or on the disk for the CE.

i read somewhere it was going to be a retail product ,but the price would be like a budjet (spelling) price ,cant remember where i read it (proberly in an english mag)

chaotic_one said:
i read somewhere it was going to be a retail product ,but the price would be like a budjet (spelling) price ,cant remember where i read it (proberly in an english mag)

I think it was posted on the Valve Disussion Thread

I hope it's available for download off of steam when you purchase Half-Life 2. After buying HL2 I won't be buying anything else for a few years/centuries, because of lack of money. :sleep:

MangaelB said:
I hope it's available for download off of steam when you purchase Half-Life 2. After buying HL2 I won't be buying anything else for a few years/centuries, because of lack of money. :sleep:

:dozey: you are a poor poor man

lol i really doubt it... IIRC they are just porting the engine over (physics, water, maybe a few character models) but the architecture and textures will be pretty much the same as in HL. I'd like to see a mod team (ie.. HL improvement team) switch to working on upgrading HL:Source's textures to those of hl2 quality. That'd be cool

Half-Life: Source should be free because:

1. It is essentially the same game, only with better graphics.
2. Not a lot of time, or money for that matter, was spent to make it the way it is. It looks pretty mediocore to what we were expecting.
3. There isn't enough new content to make me pay for the game as a stand-alone.

It seems like a mistake to release a version to one of the most played PC First Person Shooters, and not do a complete overhaul. If it is free, then I see no harm in them doing it. I will be very surprised if there is a price tag to it.

HL:s Is availabe w/ the silver, gold, and collectors edition of HL2.

Gee guess where I found this.......on the front page of halflife2.net
Don't people actually read anymore?

Retail Boxes

Standard Edition — includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man),

Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirtand a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.

Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.

Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

Well.... I hate download file from STEAM I hope i can buy GOLD RETAIL BOX........

Back