HL vs HL:S vs HL2 vs EP1

HL vs HL:S vs HL2 vs EP1

• Total voters
HL2 was consistantly aweshems, made of little movie moments at every turn. Original Half-Life Next, then, Episode One, then HL:Source, which is absolute bullocks.

GAHH!!! Why do you cause me so much pain??
I can't choose, I have never played episode 1, I like half-life 1 because it is easy and has more mods... But I like half-life 2 because it has awesome weapons and I still haven't beat it. I want a version of half-life 2 that takes you back into half-life 1.... Sort of like that one comic scary game. Is that just a comic or is it a mod and a comic?

Half life one, there'd be no sequel if it wasnt for the first one all you hl2 elitists :/

Iwould have to go with HL1 becuase without it there would be no 2. Then it would go HL2, HL2 Ep.1, and HL S.

Iwould have to go with HL1 becuase without it there would be no 2.

Why are you saying that? Half-Life 2 is a game of its own and exceeds Half-Life in every possible way. Of course, its a matter of taste, but honestly, it is better in all ways

Why are you saying that? Half-Life 2 is a game of its own and exceeds Half-Life in every possible way. Of course, its a matter of taste, but honestly, it is better in all ways

Well thats your opinion and i must apologise to break this to you, your opinion is not law.

I love the original HL and its one my fave games, however HL2 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in terms of immersiveness and gameplay, the sequel wins.... just.

That it actually introduced us to skeletal animations?

Half Life 2 isnt exactly better than HL1. It's got a crap load more of eyecandy, but with the possible exception of the applied physics Its not much different.
Besides even at that stage HL DID feature a rough physics engine. Its not as neat as the one we have now but hey have you ever tried Duke Nukem 3D?

HL-HL2-Ep1

The original half-life is just amazing in so many ways

Episode 1 was them at top skill but Half life 2 is right behind and both awesome but i did not like the vehicle areas

HL1 changed my life... i became an instant addict to every aspect of the HL world. plus, it gave way to some awesome mods (including CS).

Pretty much there exactly the same thing. Half Life 1 had awesome graphics when it came out and so did Half Life 2, and they both have great puzzles in them and awesome battles and great AI. But you have to remember the technological gap between the two Half Life had the best physics they could have back then but now thats different technology gives them the ability to make it better. Personally i don't like this thread because it seems no one realized there all the best in there own ways. Except HL:S.

HL1 changed my life... i became an instant addict to every aspect of the HL world. plus, it gave way to some awesome mods (including CS).

Mods really dont weigh in here, HL2 had a great new engine and graphics that shine and impress.

It also has what i say is the greatest alien attackers that I have seen in such games by far well designed and frightening to plow through

I liked HL2, Haven't played EP1 yet. I chose HL1, because of its innovation and there's some kind of original, classic feel to it. I haven't played HL:S yet either, crappy Computer -_-

Back