HL1 for HL2 leaked?

PainLord

Reaction score
October 9. 2003 ]

Half-Life 2 - Half-Life 1 & Counter-Strike
Company: Valve Corporation ( http://www.valvesoftware.com )
File size: 31 x 15MB
Release: Unknown

|
| Well, this one here is Half-Life and Counter-Strike for
| Half-Life 2, so there already is something to play with and try
| to get working in multiplayer. Hurry, I wanna play
|
| - Anonymous leaker aka. Osama bin Leaker

| Regarding Half.Life.2.Beta.Patch1-ANON.tar:
| Ok, the last release was my mistake. I thought I didn't
| integrate these patches yet, but that was proved being wrong.
| Sorry for the non working patches, i didnt intend to waste all
| this precious bandwidth.
|
| Regarding Half.Life.2.Pre.Gold-ANON:
| This is fake, and I will never give out info about my releases
| in public.

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~dmarkham/HL2Images/Hl1Modded/

Huh, wait, what exactly is this - hl1 using the hl2 engine???
Looks awesome..
Explanation? (yes, im a slow half-retarded person..)

You saying that the hl2 code has the hl1 code in it too? Well LA-DE-FREAKIN-DA!! That's like someone releasing the Quake 2 source code. Only the PII owners get a boner over that.

NOW, If someone has managed to re-compile the entire first half-life game using the new engine, models, textures, physics etc, then yes, that would rule like O'Doyle.

NOW, If someone has managed to re-compile the entire first half-life game using the new engine, models, textures, physics etc, then yes, that would rule like O'Doyle.
Someone has, and that somone is Valve. Read the Valve info thread, Gabe confirmed that this is the case, and the build has been leaked.

So if I bought HL 2 I would of got HL 1 and CS 1, running on the source engine as well as my HL 2 ?

Kewl :)

haha! i clicked it before u edited! i am teh l337!

heh, nm. so then thats ur SS para? or u just find it? it looks niceeeee.

This is a wicked idea, however it doesnt mean much because the maps are still ugly, unless someone remakes the hl1 maps to use the new barney and scientist models and dx9 effects.

You'd have thought that if Valve had the time to compile the HL1 maps in Source they would have replaced the textures with higher-resolution images. Or maybe they have/are doing so/intend to (this is a leaked copy after all). They had to replace all of the entities manually (Mr. Newell said so himself) and I can't imagine it would take someone too long given the original textures and a copy of Photoshop. I'm quite impressed though, and had this remained a secret until the official release it would have surprised a lot of people (including me).

I wouldnt be to suprised if they handed it over to a mod team, ala the co-op.

the HL1 in source was done to test the import functions of the new editor, so that mod makers wouldnt have to start from scratch with HL2 mods.

Valve didnt waste time making new textures as that would defeat the point, plus it would be a waste of time.

This is a very nice move by valve. It means you'll get both HL1 and HL2 when you buy HL2 (or maybe it'll only be available in that "extended" version of HL2?). Oh and some maps have been reworked a bit. I'd post screenies if I could...

HOORAY FOR VALVE.

Valve didnt waste time making new textures as that would defeat the point, plus it would be a waste of time.
Dur - I expext Valve kept the original high-res versions of the HL1 maps. texture artists generally work at high-res and then go down to in-game res.

Originally posted by ReZeroX
haha! i clicked it before u edited! i am teh l337!

heh, nm. so then thats ur SS para? or u just find it? it looks niceeeee.

It's mine, I have a load of screens if you want an avatar just pm me.

Back