HL2 and HLSource/ CS: Source manuals etc

Johnnny49

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to Half Life 2 though several years ago I played Half Life quite a lot. I didnt get into Counter Strike though as I was in a "clan" for another game. I have a few questions....first I do not see a manual for HL2 on the dvd (I bought the collectors edition), is there a manual? I would also like a guide or manual for Counter Strike Source. All I have is a quick refernce pdf file for HL2 and the Prima mini guide. Also, how do I play HL2 Deathmatch? I dont see an option for it when I start HL2. Finally, do the mods for Half Life work for the Half Life Source game (which came on the collector's dvd). Or do I just wait for the mods that are coming out or being converted to HL Source? Thanks in advance for any help the community can give.

You can get at HL2DM through steam.

There is no manual.

Don't know about HL: Source mods.

There are manuals, online though through steam, right click the game you want to manual for and look for the option for it there.

HL2DM is in your games menu when you launch a game, it will be greyed out till you download the content.

HL1 mods don't work on HL:S. Valve are good, but they don't work miracles, mod developers have to port all their code and content over onto Source.

Hectic Glenn said:
There are manuals, online though through steam, right click the game you want to manual for and look for the option for it there.

I right clicked there and there was no option for manuals. Thanks anyway for answering.

There is a "manual" for HL2 but it's basically just a small card that lists all the default key bindings, nothing more. Pretty much useless.

Back