HL2 available Sept 1 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those companies are speculating, Vivendi nor VALVe have given a date.

I live in Canada and when I went 2 future shop 2 ask about hl2 they said and were pretty sure it was coming sept 1st. You think valve is just not telling us the release date 2 surprise us? It could be possible. All I know it future shop seemed pretty damn sure they were getting it sept 1st. So I dont know but it could be true.

I would be inclined to agree except for that little voice saying "How many people work in future Shop etc. who are HL fans."If any definate or even semi definate release date arrived people would be screaming to High Heaven about it.We'd have scans of letters,recordings of telephone conversations etc.Im not saying they might not be right but the likelyhood of them knowing is slim.

Unless....there was no definate proof.You could prbly tell by how Vivendi and other publishers were structuring their release dates and see if some patern came up.

I have been on Half Life 2 news since I heard about the 16 days untill the bugs were worked out... and this is new news so bear with me

"Half-Life 2 will be passed on to publisher Vivendi for final mastering and duplication within days for it's early August target. The official appearance will make store shelves sometime in mid to late September."

Now hopefully that might clear out some speculation on a release date, I am hoping for early, oh like maybe...I dont know tommorow, yea I wish, but I would be happy with early september.

B3@$T said:
I live in Canada and when I went 2 future shop 2 ask about hl2 they said and were pretty sure it was coming sept 1st. You think valve is just not telling us the release date 2 surprise us? It could be possible. All I know it future shop seemed pretty damn sure they were getting it sept 1st. So I dont know but it could be true.
it's a well known fact that retailers don't get any info that we don't in regards to release dates. the only time they are 100% sure of the release date is when the game companies ship the game

Yeah, just because we want it to be this date doesn't make it any more true than if they said "5th November 2004".

Let's just wait, unless something drastic comes up we're going to have to wait two months, at the most.

Not that I don't want to play the game, but its nice we still have to wait a while. This way I can easily play Doom3 and by the time my 3rd pacemaker kicks in HL² will be there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back