HL2 benchmark + new screenshot !!!

@bel

Reaction score
HL2 benchmark + (apparently not that new) screenshot !!!

i came across this German website with an interesting article on an HL2 benchmark that will be released BEFORE the game ships.

in English it says:
"There will be a detailed benchmark released before the game ships where you can run a particular card through any of the DirectX levels where appropriate."
it also says it's unsure when the release will be.

but mostly, i found this (to me) new screenshot accompanying (?) the article:

hl28.jpg

it looks like the setting of the traptown movie. but it's new because the background is different (a church and a windmill!) and the zombies and the car are in different places compared with the traptown movie. i guess it's just a different place in the town.
so... what do you guys think?

That's an old screenshot, and yes, a benchmark should be released before the game releases.

that screen shot is not really new. I saw it in a magazine artical myself. But it aint one of the ones on Plannethalflife so i guess alot of people wont have seen it. Lucky them :p

There are quite a few others that are not on Plannethalflife and the other main sites. You just have to hunt for them :)

ahhh turd on a stick, i thought that was a real new screenie

And i dont know about u, but im sick of german websites, when i search on yahoo thats all i get

ah ok, my mistake then.
i just read on a different website Valve talked about the benchmark in the IRC roundtable discussion.
i didn't know that.

we all make mistakes :)

:flame: BUT NEVER DO IT AGAIN YOU HEAR:flame:

jk jk :cheese: :cheers:

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
There are quite a few others that are not on Plannethalflife and the other main sites. You just have to hunt for them :)
are there any websites you know of that have 'non-planethalflife' screenshots on them? i can't wait to see more of this game!!!

what search engine did you use?
so i can find those pages on my own.

i just used www.google.com, nothing fancy. But i searched for half life 2 scans. Because the pics not on plannethalflife are scans from magazines :).

hope that helps

Is it me, or does the player seem to be fighting alongside that soldier?

more like the antlion is the player's ally and he's not shooting to pose for a screenshot

I'm pretty sure that's an old magazine scan actually. That's not traptown by the way. Seems like a different area of City 17, just display the same kinda gameplay...

Originally posted by Lifthz
I'm pretty sure that's an old magazine scan actually. That's not traptown by the way. Seems like a different area of City 17, just display the same kinda gameplay...
Gabe has referred to a place he calls "zombie town" in interviews. this is probably what it is.

"I was showing some people down in Hollywood the game last week, and was going through zombie town,"
http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11142&mid=321046

Back