HL2 Benchmark

S

Silent.Sin

Valve and Vivendi confirmed that the game HL2 will be delayed until Nov or Dec, but what about the HL2 benchmark? At that press conference Gabe said that the public would have this in their hands on the 30th but I haven't heard a peep about the benchmark being delayed along with the game. Anyone know?

this topic has been done to death.... we dont know. yet

noob alert: is a benchmark a test to our hardware/software or something else??

Originally posted by Tarkus
to see how well it would run on your system

bot is it like a program we download from the internet that would run in our computer or another of that crapload that we fill and it just tells us that it will run fine??

yes, and if you want a longer answer, plz use the search button and look for the word "benchmark"

God, for the last time, its purpose is not to test how well HL2 will run on your computer. It indirectly tells you that, but its main purpose is to provide a valid method of benchmarking your computer, telling you how fast the components work together (mainly the CPU and vid card). Jesus.

bot is it like a program we download from the internet that would run in our computer or another of that crapload that we fill and it just tells us that it will run fine??
no i believe its a running of the software on your machine
im not quite sure
maybe a video
that uses your hardware

Originally posted by krarg
God, for the last time, its purpose is not to test how well HL2 will run on your computer. It indirectly tells you that, but its main purpose is to provide a valid method of benchmarking your computer, telling you how fast the components work together (mainly the CPU and vid card). Jesus.
cranky are we? sorry for beeing such an ignorant

;(

lol dont cry fool
... if what he said was correct we would only need one benchmark ...for anything
but instead we have different benchmarks for different games

I asked one of the Valve guys about it, and he said he hadn't heard anything about a benchmark being released on the 30th. (lols disdainfully)

I don't know why they are releasing a benchmark if they are still tweaking the engine for performance.

They are tweaking the engine with respect to the new NVIDIA Detonator drivers. ATi's Catalyst 3.7 drivers are already covered in the final build of the game.

Originally posted by droper
I don't know why they are releasing a benchmark if they are still tweaking the engine for performance.

according to the japanese interview... they are done with the game, just working on localizing it (japanese, chinese, etc.)

I have no faith in valve releasing the benchmark tomorrow...it would be too good to be true.

The benchmark is just that - a benchmark. I very much doubt you'll be able to control gordon in any way. I expect it'll be a 3DMARK type affair. Interesting to see, but sertainly nothing to loose sleep over.

Today is the 29th, we won't know if they're release a benchmark until tomorrow.

[F+U]DrNick says:
do you know if the benchmark is still on for tommorow
Greg says:
We're still discussing this. Don't have an answer for you yet.

looks like ther deciding right now

I think Valve will delay releasing the benchmark until Nvidia release their new drivers.

Oh, and Gabe should be detained in Alcatraz until Halflife 2 is released.

in my opinion, whether or not valve releases the benchmark will decide if they changed the hl2 release date on purpose

Originally posted by fudnick
[F+U]DrNick says:
Greg says:

how lame. *early sept* "hey guys we will have a benchmark for you on the 30th." *now* "we are discussing having a benchmark sept 30."

Do they really want to destroy all credibility with the community ??? they are really doing a good job so far.

Originally posted by fudnick
[F+U]DrNick says:
Greg says:

This will sound pessimistic, but I dont really think we'll have a benchmark tomorrow. When something like this is going to be released, you dont just decide it a day before.

It should have been prepared about a week before, since you have to prepare mirrors and all that sort of stuff.

Oh well...we can still hope :\

Originally posted by McErono
they dont need any mirrors... they have that fu***** STEAM...

I think that makes it even HARDER for the benchmark to be released tomorrow. Steam is not prepared for it.

Originally posted by McErono
they dont need any mirrors... they have that fu***** STEAM...

Can you log in and get content from steam without any purchase?
Regardless i want choice not steam.

Originally posted by The Cleaner
Oh, and Gabe should be detained in Alcatraz until Halflife 2 is released.

Yeah, removing the managing director from the team will surely speed up the design process :dozey:

Back