HL2 better arrive at least 1 month before gta:san andreas!!

spicoli420

Reaction score
That will give me a month to play HL2 and be done with it. GTA: San Andreas will be the greatest game to come out this year on any platform. It's looking and sounding straight up amazing people. We have ragdoll physics, cops will jump and latch on to your bumper, you can do house robberies and have to sneak similiar to manhunt.

I guess the purpose of this post (if there is any purpose to post on any forum) is that through delays and such, doom 3 and hl2 became old news that are going to be surpassed by titles on a weak ps2.

I will enjoy Hl2!! I did enjoy doom3!! I just remember 1 year ago exactly, I was ssoooooooo excited for hl2 and D3 that if I got a chance to play one I would have probably passed out with joy. Now fast forward 1 year, I just got done with D3 and felt kind of bummed out. If someone told me that 1 week after I got D3 I would be done with and sick of, I would probably say their full of poop. I have a feeling hl2 will be the same for me. I of course hope I'm wrong and my addiction to video games get's a strong powerfull hit of gaming goodness.

HL2 rocks harder and harder the more it's delayed.

You dang well better play HL2 for more than a month, you owe it to yourself.

San Andreas does sound cool though.
But HL2 will ALWAYS BE BETTAR!!11

Mr.Reak said:
ROFL!!!

But still, no game can last as long as HL2. And if that is only 1 month.. No way man. You will be playing for YEARS. Say GOODBYE to the light. Say GOODBYE to your social life. HALF-LIFE 2 IS ALL!!

I am crazy...

vegeta897 said:
ROFL!!!

But still, no game can last as long as HL2. And if that is only 1 month.. No way man. You will be playing for YEARS. Say GOODBYE to the light. Say GOODBYE to your social life. HALF-LIFE 2 IS ALL!!

I am crazy...

Hopefully:)
Rockstar however is stating that it will take us 155 hours to fully complete gta:Sa(now that's saying goodbye to the social life)

spicoli420 said:
Hopefully:)
Rockstar however is stating that it will take us 155 hours to fully complete gta:Sa(now that's saying goodbye to the social life)
Fully means collecting all the secret packages or whatever and who wants to do that. :rolleyes:

Gta sux.. well, all the buggs anyway..
Hmm.. i finished doom3 in just under 2 weeks ( not playing regulary )
HL2.. id say about 2 weeks.. Multiplayer.. forever i guess..

But still HL2 is old looking.. and i am not amused by the graphics at all..
not anymore that is..

king John I said:
a game is more than graphics
Especially when you don't have a good enough computer to run them. I.E me. :(

vegeta897 said:
Fully means collecting all the secret packages or whatever and who wants to do that. :rolleyes:

True, but were talking about the 3 cities each of them the size of the whole vice city map. I also read that the ped's will actually have a life of their own. Example: If you randomly follow someone they will actually go to the store, gas station, work, home etc.

a game is more than graphics

yea.. i know that.. there is something called sound..
physics engine you say? shure..
but the objects the physics engine is applied on better be good looking..
and they are good looking.. but not awesome looking..

She said:

No, he is talking about gameplay, a thing that this generation of gamers tends not to focus on.

GTA:SA will be fun to play with your friends, ie. seeing how many cops you can get on your ass and kill. The car crashes and stuff take awhile to get old when you have friends and its funny ass hell. (i rented driver 3 and me and my friends had a blast just runnning over people and causeing big car pileups.)

But hl2 will be fun on a different level, you can play by yourself for hours and still be occupied, GTA:SA will get old when you play by urself.

Ill get both but my love goes to hl2, and the mods, and maybe STALKER with a side of Battlefeild 2. :)

im sorry did i just hear somebody compare a 3rd person crime spree driving game to a futureistic sci fi first person shooter that has nothing in common with the other other than they are both on earth and will feature the human race......

Thats like saying HL2 better come out before worl of warcraft..... insane.

Dougy said:
im sorry did i just hear somebody compare a 3rd person crime spree driving game to a futureistic sci fi first person shooter that has nothing in common with the other other than they are both on earth and will feature the human race......

Thats like saying HL2 better come out before worl of warcraft..... insane.

Of course they have things in common. We are talking about video games here. When I look at games I don't look at them in different categories, I look at them as being in one category and that's VIDEO GAMES.
So of course I can compare them to one another. Which one will be a more enjoyable experience to me.

I also found GTA 3 and GTA: Vice City rather boring after like a week.

Half-Life however I can still play to this day, and even though it's quite linear it's like watching a good movie. It's like people who've seen Star Wars 50 times.

I'm calling it right now. GTA:SA will be disappointing. There is no way that the PS2 is capable of doing all of those things that people are saying. Impossible. If they do, it is going to be some how watered down. To top it off, I bet all of the buildings, textures and people will be Ctrl C'ed and Ctrl V'ed to death.

Gimme my HL2. Who cares about another carbon copy of GTA. Anyways, you ever notice how some of the greatest game franchises started off on the PC (GTA and Halo). Makes you wonder what the PC would be like if more people gamed on it.

spicoli420 said:
Of course they have things in common. We are talking about video games here. When I look at games I don't look at them in different categories, I look at them as being in one category and that's VIDEO GAMES.
So of course I can compare them to one another. Which one will be a more enjoyable experience to me.

So wait… let me see, you do that to everything? You compare school books to Tolkien’s work too? Or maybe you compare FRIENDS to Fox News Channel, because quite frankly, they are both on TV, must be the same! It’s like comparing apples and oranges, different fruits, both taste great. God, logic some people have, it’s just so… I don’t even have a word to describe it.

vegeta897 said:
ROFL!!!

I am crazy...
No, your'e not crazy. Your'e just like me.

So I think you should think twice before buying HL2, because you might turn out to be like me. And when that happens, you should be seriously worried. :D

GTA: SA looks good, I suppose, but it is nowhere close to HL-2. GTA is getting a bit stale; I think that this new GTA is just a newer version of Vice City.

spicoli420 said:
That will give me a month to play HL2 and be done with it. GTA: San Andreas will be the greatest game to come out this year on any platform. It's looking and sounding straight up amazing people. We have ragdoll physics, cops will jump and latch on to your bumper, you can do house robberies and have to sneak similiar to manhunt.

I guess the purpose of this post (if there is any purpose to post on any forum) is that through delays and such, doom 3 and hl2 became old news that are going to be surpassed by titles on a weak ps2.

I will enjoy Hl2!! I did enjoy doom3!! I just remember 1 year ago exactly, I was ssoooooooo excited for hl2 and D3 that if I got a chance to play one I would have probably passed out with joy. Now fast forward 1 year, I just got done with D3 and felt kind of bummed out. If someone told me that 1 week after I got D3 I would be done with and sick of, I would probably say their full of poop. I have a feeling hl2 will be the same for me. I of course hope I'm wrong and my addiction to video games get's a strong powerfull hit of gaming goodness.

Yea im sure a game where you play a wannabe black gangster will beat HL 2. :sleep:

She said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your problem? Do you think you could do better? Have you forgotten the most important aspect to HL2 pending success and HL1 real success. THE STORY! And since we have no clue about what City-17 is, or who the G-Mann or COmbine are, I suggest you STOP bashing a game that isn't even realeased yet, and wait to post your pitiful little attempts to put down one of the best games to ever be made.

blahblahblah said:
I'm calling it right now. GTA:SA will be disappointing. There is no way that the PS2 is capable of doing all of those things that people are saying. Impossible. If they do, it is going to be some how watered down. To top it off, I bet all of the buildings, textures and people will be Ctrl C'ed and Ctrl V'ed to death.

Gimme my HL2. Who cares about another carbon copy of GTA. Anyways, you ever notice how some of the greatest game franchises started off on the PC (GTA and Halo). Makes you wonder what the PC would be like if more people gamed on it.

What makes me suspicious is how exactly Rockstar is going to pull of the supposedly large draw distance they boast - I mean thrice the size of the earlier games, with so many new elements - and on a dying piece of hardware such as ps2 - how exactly are they going to pull it off, unless they really trash down the sounds and graphics. They talk VERY big - but let's just see how they actually do it.

spicoli420 said:

Not only are you saying that GTA:SA will be better then HL2, but you're also imagining HL2 to be the same kind of game as Doom 3.

Doom 3 is a shooter of the 90's, a mindless run-fire-hide-heal game. It's just... the best of them ever made. That said, no wonder you're "Pretty bummed out".

A major problem with GTA:SA will be limitations. You'll see what I mean when the game actually does come out. GTA:SA will no doubt still be a shit-crazy and fun game -- BUT -- it has NOTHING on Half-Life 2, sorry.

Regards
Dead-Inside

Mr.Reak said:
So wait… let me see, you do that to everything? You compare school books to Tolkien’s work too? Or maybe you compare FRIENDS to Fox News Channel, because quite frankly, they are both on TV, must be the same! It’s like comparing apples and oranges, different fruits, both taste great. God, logic some people have, it’s just so… I don’t even have a word to describe it.

Thats the beauty of living in a free country:) I can compare whatever I want and state the pro's and con's of both. It's lovely, like the other day I was walking down the street and I ran into an old childhood friend of mine. Instead of erupting into the mindless "what have you been up to lately" crap, we decided to compare our genital's to one another. I was really curious to see who's got the bigger one. When we were done even though his beat me by 6 inches I still brought up the fact that size doesn't matter. It's all about how you work it.
So Yes your right I do find myself comparing all the time.

Ahh, I've played all GTA and they become very boring after 3-4 days!!!
So what if you can follow somebody to work!? Eventualy you are going to get fed up with it! Just like they said for Morrowind that its going to be very open ended, but after a week of (uninteresting) play it gets really dull!! BTW playstation 2 is waaaay behind the current PC, so don't expect too much!! HL offers you events like where you are really amazed! Like the first time I've played I was constantly wondering what will happen next! In the "blast pit" level I went like: "Where did they come up with that, I would never tought of it myself" And that was HL1, now after 5 years and lots of money spent comes HL2! GTA:SA, oh please! If HL2 turns out to be total crap, i'm going to personaly crash a 747 into theire offices (no offense, guys), if they haven't commited suicide already! Oh, and you really shouldn't compare different game genres! Try to compare Medieval:TW and Doom3, I'd like to see that!? I'm sure that HL2 will be the best or atleast one of the best, for 80% (or more) of gamers!

PS. Sorry about the english, its not my mother language!

spicoli420 said:
Thats the beauty of living in a free country:) I can compare whatever I want and state the pro's and con's of both. It's lovely, like the other day I was walking down the street and I ran into an old childhood friend of mine. Instead of erupting into the mindless "what have you been up to lately" crap, we decided to compare our genital's to one another. I was really curious to see who's got the bigger one. When we were done even though his beat me by 6 inches I still brought up the fact that size doesn't matter. It's all about how you work it.
So Yes your right I do find myself comparing all the time.

dude...just...wtf????

You compared your genitals in the street?

Sorry, but that's just...not right.

I found that quite amusing to tell the truth...

I still think that GTA and HL should not be compared... Completely different ideas and styles, and one's for computer and one's for console... Of course, one or the the other or both will end up being ported to the other platform...

Have fun.

spicoli420 said:

bla blalalablblalbablablabla

same shit different day

Back