HL2/CC:S Freezes with no Errors please Help

V

vince24a69

I installed all two games (half-life 2 and CS: Source) and set it up with steam. So I should have that new stuttering speech patch and everything. But when I play any 2 of the games it freezes my entire computer at the main menu forcing me to do a hardboot. The game runs fine off of the default settings so far, so I don't think there is something wrong with my graphics card or something But i did update all drivers. I got counterstrike source to run by choosing a server out of the steam window...and i got Half Life 2 to run by clicking start new game or whatever by doing it really fast before the main menu froze. The game also freezes in the menu when I press esc while im playing..I wanted to save it...so i typed in esc and it froze at the pause menu. I was upset. So i uninstalled reninstalled same problem! Some one else also has the same problem on http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/36502/.
Should i Rename the file called sourcemodels.gcf. Somebody please help me! The game is Great except for the freezing and even at default setting it looked great. I would really love to edit controls and grapics and save and load games, but the mouse freezes after about 2-5 seconds. I even disabled the the loading of the start menu level but same problem. I Double checked steam and it said that my halflife2 is fully updated. i just dont know what to do ;(

P4 3.0
512 3200 ddr ram
ati radeon 9600xt
80 gig hard drive
onboard sound

Back