HL2 Countdown Wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWMASTER

Reaction score
I just finished updating my website. I added a guestbook and polls.

I also added a new section called HL2-Countdown which is a tutorial which tells you exactly how to set up a desktop wallpaper so that it shows an accurate countdown to the day when HL2 gets released.

So head on to the link in my signature and go to the HL2-Countdown section, be sure to sign my guestbook and vote in some polls.

-BWMASTER

Cool, but i think i will stick with my regular background.

I'm using it, it's pretty neat. Good idea
:thumbs:

pwnative, im usin it, you should make it with different pics too

BWMASTER i hope you don't mind that i posted this in the FA forums. because they love HL2.

Originally posted by BWMASTER
I also added a new section called HL2-Countdown which is a tutorial which tells you exactly how to set up a desktop wallpaper so that it shows an accurate countdown to the day when HL2 gets released.
Heh my browser's start page has had one since 102 days left.

Why? It doesn't have the banner links to all my daily visited sites that my homepage has.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

Originally posted by jasonh1234
Why? It doesn't have the banner links to all my daily visited sites that my homepage has.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

but you can hold it's head under the water until it either drinks or suffocates.

lol, guyz please sign my guestbook too if you have some time !

Your computer blows up! LOL

BTW, I redesigned it and did all the numbers again, it looks better doncha think?

I already wrote how to do this in another thread.
And I feel that your gfx on this wallpaper could use a little less bevel/emboss.

Yes, but some people already contacted me saying the numbers were too flat. I needed to spice it up a bit. But I'm afraid I cannot please everybody, i'll settle in with the majority.

By the way, I looked through your thread posting record and I couldnt find where you wrote the instructions.

:/ your link in your sig still does not work for me......

Forgot to ask, you dont know how to do it if you have windows 98 do you?

I dont have windows 98, sorry.

Here is a link that might help:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...net/prodtechnol/win98/reskit/part2/wrkc06.asp

Also to maximize try moving the cursor to the top edge and see if a topbar appears, from there you choose the maximize button.

You could also try to scale it yourself, just move the mouse to and edge and drag to scale it up(like in a normal window).

Hope that helps!

Well BWMaster you see thats the problem, if i get the menu at the top there is no maximize button and i cant maximize it by dragging in the edges :(

I was not sure about active desktop working on Windows 98 and I cannot offer further help on that because I dont know.

You can go on google and search for shortcuts, you click on the window and then you use the appropriate Windows 98 shortcut to maximize it. Here are some:

http://www.cat.pdx.edu/www/windows/shortcuts.php

And duff man, move the cursor around the top of the half-visible logo and you should see a topbar.

It didnt work, but i think i'll survive without it. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

No problem. You can use one of the static wallpapers on my website. And if you are really bored waiting for the Media then please sign my guestbook.

Thanx

I said, you forgot S.T.A.L.K.E.R in your poll :) I know i know, i'm boring ! :)

Cool idea.. but the fact that 78 days and counting is still up in the air since Valve still can't get the damn videos out :)

Personally, it uses up to much system resources and I hate screensavers.

Originally posted by TAZ
Cool idea.. but the fact that 78 days and counting is still up in the air since Valve still can't get the damn videos out :)

Personally, it uses up to much system resources and I hate screensavers.

the videos are not half-life 2, valve has not announced an official date for the videos, the reason the videos arent out is because they are fixing up steam to perform optimally when the videos do come out, and when HL2 comes out on september 30th they won't have to worry about steam issues.

i wonder how long people will hold onto the comparison.

If the release date gets in any way changed I will update the countdown so evreyone's will be up to date ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back