HL2 delay - has Valve been forced to do it - strange set of facts?

N

nikson

Just a few facts:

1. HL2 has been delayed and no one really knows the date now.

2. HL2 has a damn good MP. Or at least it will.

3. Vivendi recently announced HL:CZ release date as of November this year.

4. HL:CZ is an MP game developed by another company, not Valve, but will be released by Vivendi as HL2.

And now the question: If HL2 will be released BEFORE HL:CZ - how much money Vivendi will loose because of the people will buy HL2 and not HL:CZ?

A coincidence? Or a conspiracy?

Originally posted by nikson

4. HL:CZ is an MP game developed by another company, not Valve, but will be released by Vivendi as HL2.

And now the question: If HL2 will be released BEFORE HL:CZ - how much money Vivendi will loose because of the people will buy HL2 and not HL:CZ?

Either I'm too tired to understand you, or you've recently been eating paint.

- The game is CS:CZ, not HL:CZ.
- Vivendi are not releasing CS:CZ as HL2
- HL2 will not be released before CS:CZ, as Condition Zero will be hitting stores extremely soon (confirmed), and HL2 doesn't even have a solid release date, let alone gold date.

Just a few facts:

1. HL2 has been delayed and no one really knows the date now.

2. HL2 has a damn good MP. Or at least it will.

A coincidence? Or a conspiracy?

1. true

2. we dont know that...so it cant be called a fact...

3. what.......?

4......im not sure what your talking about........

..im lost here

Condition zero wont be out for another month apparently :/

Sorry fo da sabotage:

"All us geforce mx owners must stand up, and in unison, snap our cards in half."

*stands up*

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, LETS DO THIS IN UNION!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MUAHAHAHAHAHHAA
*snap*

</thread sabotage>

hum, dude, hl2 is delayed, get over it :/...damn conspiracy makers >.<

Yeah, did a mistake.

My point is that CS:CZ is an MP game, HL2 should have a good MP + all new mods. I saw a lot of posts saying "ok, I'll buy CS:CZ while waiting for HL2". But I don't think people will buy CS:CZ if they have an option to go for HL2 if these two games to be released the same time. It sounds like a suicide for a company to release two products they spent so much time developing (and at least they need to return the investments) if one game can make another unsellable.

Just a thought...

Its simple.

Turning Steam into a P2P
Releasing Condition Zero (had 4 developers, costly, needs to make some cash)
Re-working Half Life and Counter strike to use Half Life 2

aren't CZ & HL2 abit different.

Counterstrike has a large fanbase, they will buy CZ if its bad or good. They don't care. CZ is an expansion (sort of) of the MOD CS.

HL2 is the followup to HL1

they are both different markets, that share a part of same consumers.

Yes, I know and as a original HL1 fan I never played any MP HL-related games. I don't have too much knowledge about any MP HL-based game, but it seems pretty logical to me to release better MP game after another just to max the revenues. What caused the original delay (Sept. 30) may be problems with ATI R9x00 XT cards (as they are running low on stock even now) and they didn't like the idea of the game to be released before the card will hit the shelves etc. Original date as of Sept. 30 sounds very convinient time to me as it should give people some time to play HL2 and to cool off before CS:CZ release. Now they better wait for some time after CS:CZ release to do the same for HL2.

I hope I am wrong!!! I'd better be...

Re: Re: HL2 delay - has Valve been forced to do it - strange set of facts?

Originally posted by rec
Either I'm too tired to understand you, or you've recently been eating paint.

- The game is CS:CZ, not HL:CZ.
- HL2 will not be released before CS:CZ, as Condition Zero will be hitting stores extremely soon (confirmed), and HL2 doesn't even have a solid release date, let alone gold date.

Sorry to point out the other direction re who is eating paint, but:

A quote from Gabe post:

Vivendi owns Sierra. Sierra is the publisher.

Hope you beleive him?

Originally posted by IceMan
yeah cz sucks, hopefulyl cs:cz will be better

LOL, sorry to burst your bubble there IceMan, but what you just said doesn't come close to making sense...:cheers:

Hl2' will be here, next month, my friends. Trust me. You'll see, you'll all see!!!

-Ghost.

Re: Re: Re: HL2 delay - has Valve been forced to do it - strange set of facts?

Sorry to point out the other direction re who is eating paint, but:

A quote from Gabe post:

Vivendi owns Sierra. Sierra is the publisher.

Hope you beleive him?

What does that have to do with anything? Perhaps you should re-read my post.

Re: Re: Re: Re: HL2 delay - has Valve been forced to do it - strange set of facts?

Originally posted by rec
What does that have to do with anything? Perhaps you should re-read my post.

Hi, my point is:

Vivendi is releasing CS:CZ, and it's not HL2 for sure

That's exactly what I said: Originally the HL2 released date was BEFORE CS:CZ. Now it's AFTER.

Recently Vivendi said that it was not informed by Valve about the ATI deal (see The Inquirer article "Vivendi smarting over Valve ATI deal"). If September 30 date came out of that deal with ATI, and Vivendi was not informed, and when realised that a lot of people waiting for CZ will be playing HL2 when the CZ will be released, and chances are they will never buy it - that's when Vivendi realised that they can't really let it happen.

But again - it IMHO only :borg:.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HL2 delay - has Valve been forced to do it - strange set of facts

Vivendi is releasing CS:CZ, and it's not HL2 for sure

Then why exactly did you write it as

"But will be released by Vivendi as HL2". You see your error here?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HL2 delay - has Valve been forced to do it - strange set of facts

Originally posted by rec
Then why exactly did you write it as

"But will be released by Vivendi as HL2". You see your error here?

My mistake, I meant "But will be released by Vivendi as as well as HL2" :bounce: .

Originally posted by IceMan
yeah cz sucks, hopefulyl cs:cz will be better

errr....

string $cz = counterStrike_conditionZero;
string $cs:cz == $cz;

so I don't know what you're talking about here... You probably meant CS sucks , hopefuly CS:CZ will be better...

Well, they are completely different and not comparable really as CZ is single player.. But you can compare the playfeeling with 1.6 of course..

Originally posted by Mikademius
You probably meant CS sucks , hopefuly CS:CZ will be better...

Well, they are completely different and not comparable really as CZ is single player.. But you can compare the playfeeling with 1.6 of course..

Well, I am not really in any kind of MP game, tried UT and 2003 with bots couple of times, was not really impressed. It's a storyline (and gameplay of course :)) that makes SP game a hit (IMHO). That's why I am waiting for HL2 so desperately!

And honestly I didn't wanted to moan about any kind of conspiracy re the HL2 release date, exept this ******* hacker... Just was really disapointed by the way Vivendy handled the situation (all these official statements, moaning about ATI deal, etc.) and thought that they may have a couple of stones in their pocket...

Back