HL2 HDTV Shots

R

RumbleBling

Wow, looks awesome in both pictures. I'm thinking of getting an HDTV monitor over the next month or so would love to get this setup.

How do you enable Truform? 9600XT supports that, right? What does it do?

ya 9600 supports it idk what excactly it does but u get better gfx lol

Thats awesome. I wish I had a TV like that. :)

Does TrueForm actually make a big difference?

I wish I had a long enough S video cable to reach my HDTV in the living room...Its a 65inch widescreen so i cant move it to my room. Although my dad goes out of town alot so maybe I can and should lmao.

That's awesome!

How much did that TV set you back?

Did you just connect it through DVI?

Meeklo said:
I wish I had a long enough S video cable to reach my HDTV in the living room...Its a 65inch widescreen so i cant move it to my room. Although my dad goes out of town alot so maybe I can and should lmao.

If you really have an HDTV, you don't want to use Svideo to connect it to your PC - use Component cables or DVI.

I guess this is what it looks like to have HL2 running on one of those fancy widescreen TFTs :) I've got a widescreen laptop but my mobile gffx5200 can't push out 1280x854 for long :(

Meeklo said:

Just put the computer in the living room.

Hey guys, Just got back from my parents house. My dad got me a really nice logitech Digital Laser wireless mouse to go with my setup. It's way better than the wireless one (compusa) that came with my wireless keyboard. Now, I can play HL2 with super percision in the living room.

Yeah, today I turned trueform off and fired up HL2 on the HDTV and it was not nearly as clean as with trueform on. Textures seemed clearer with less alasing. It just seems to give the game much more vibrancy and life. It doesn't even seem to have much of aframe rate hit on my AIW 9800 Pro.

Also, I'm using top quality component cables to output to the TV. The TV is a Toshiba 46H84 and cost me 1,450 after taxes at Best Buy. It says they don't suggest hooking it up to a PC (ESP through the DVI port?) but that was part of my intentions behind the purchase. It's for pure gaming and PC as well a few DVD's and regular cable TV. It took me forever to get this working with Component. Only the S-video would scale properly to fit the screen before ATI release the latest driver set (Catalyst 3.11). These drivers kick butt and support the HDTV timings (You just have to enable them). Then, walla/shazam I'm in business and displaying my PC on my TV with Component. Before this driver release all I could see was a 1/4 of the screen when outputting to TV using component because the drivers didn't support. I knew this day would come.. thanks for the props!

Trueform doesnt have anything to do with textures or "vibrancy"; trueform dynamically adds more polygons to models to make them seem rounder/not as square. While this is useful in older games, it isnt needed in current-gen games whatsoever. You'll get a performance hit and, if ur unlucky, a handful of bugs. Do urself a favour and turn it off!

Again: How do you turn on Truform? Under the ATI control panel it only says "application preference"

My projector can run HL2 but at 1024x768, I can't use widescreen :( I hooked it up via D-sub connector. (VGA)

LittleB said:
Again: How do you turn on Truform? Under the ATI control panel it only says "application preference"
if you put it on app preference it will automatically be used by any game that supports it.

Back