HL2 in stock...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one thing, and one thing only to say...

What The ****!?

:eek:

Probably just stupidity from their side though

more than likely to be an error in the database, or some doughnut eating twerp has entered incorrect dates (*sigh* americans..).

ive seen sites in teh uk saying sep 3rd release, and others saying nov 1st. just ignore anything you see, as the only REAL info can come from valve or gabe. if the release date was real, we would be the first to know about it im sure.

Pureball said:
more than likely to be an error in the database, or some doughnut eating twerp has entered incorrect dates (*sigh* americans..).

Why are you busting on americans. Dont be a dick!!

if there were copies to be had, you bet that they are gone now.
is quite possible they released copies on only one city for beta testing...this is the norm when the introduce new technology into a "test market", but usually we are talking about something like new Highspeed internet, or HDTV....

Possible scenario: they had september 2nd as their random date for HL2, since a long time, they forgot about changing it, now the system automatically shows 'in stock' now the releasedate has arrived. Then they called the lady to confirm it, and she thought 'f*cking geeks, I'm eating my lunch, leave me alone!' and quickly checked the website and saw 'in stock' so she said 'yes it's in stock, now f*ck off'.

When HL2 is released it will be distributed to retail outlets and online retailers worldwide. Not just one outlet. Fact.

PvtRyan said:
Possible scenario: they had september 2nd as their random date for HL2, since a long time, they forgot changing it, now the system automatically shows 'in stock' now the releasedate has arrived. Then they called the lady to confirm it, and she thought 'f*cking geeks, I'm eating my lunch, leave me alone!' and quickly checked the website and saw 'in stock' so she said 'yes it's in stock, now f*ck off'.
That's got my vote.

etzel90 said:
Why are you busting on americans. Dont be a dick!!

Absolutely right.
Just because their Comedian-in-Chief is an idiot doesn't mean they all are.

or they just have a bunch of cds, that they will email. in stock could be 500 keys, bu no game, get it?

Overstock.com? I've never bought anything there, but they did have that chick on the commercial, very hot!

I'll buy from them if she comes to my house.

PvtRyan said:
Possible scenario: they had september 2nd as their random date for HL2, since a long time, they forgot about changing it, now the system automatically shows 'in stock' now the releasedate has arrived. Then they called the lady to confirm it, and she thought 'f*cking geeks, I'm eating my lunch, leave me alone!' and quickly checked the website and saw 'in stock' so she said 'yes it's in stock, now f*ck off'.
may be lunch time for you there, but it just hit 12:00pm for only part of the us...like only 1 or 2 time zones.
was probably FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, and she may just have some cd's....or the website is wrong.
personally ..the site is wrong, and all ya' all are getting excited on RUMORS.......

Besides people we all know that Movies and games come out on a tuesday or friday.

Pureball said:

ive seen sites in teh uk saying sep 3rd release, and others saying nov 1st. just ignore anything you see, as the only REAL info can come from valve or gabe. if the release date was real, we would be the first to know about it im sure.
HAHAHAHA DAM RIGHT

Rasded said:
Besides people we all know that Movies and games come out on a tuesday or friday.
Well, they can sell it today so people get it tomorrow; FRIDAY

:p

From the website:
Shipping: Ships within 2 business days
This product is not available in US territories or APO/FPO due to shipping requirements.

Maybe this is the leaked version we've heard was on sell in the Urkraine or something?

This Title Is Not Yet Released! This item will be available for shipment starting on 09/02/2004. In order to assure you Overstock.com's low price on this pre-order, we will charge your credit card when the order is placed today. The item will be shipped on or after 09/02/2004.

they changed it

Steelwind said:
Maybe this is the leaked version we've heard was on sell in the Urkraine or something?

US territories, not US states. That means they can't ship to Guam or Puerto Rico. This company is located in the US.

kaellinn18 said:
US territories, not US states. That means they can't ship to Guam or Puerto Rico. This company is located in the US.

Ah. You're right. I didn't know they were located in the states.

Biozeminade said:
That means it's in-stock for PREORDER :|
yeah saw it, they also have Halo 2 in stock.
Bit weird though ^^

According to walmart it will be the 2nd of november

would they ever lie?

I am saying no. If it was allready in production it would have been stolen and on the underground. TRUST ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back