HL2 isn't working right.

A

anti901

I am mad. My copy of half-life 2 is screwed up. It doesn't have the textures the scanner, manhack, gravity gun, and others, so I can't see any of them. It says I need the cfg file in the something or other. The sound also works when a noise is to the left or right of me, but if the noise is in front or behind me, the sound doesn't work. And the effect for light, like the red lights on the cameras or the white lights on the scanners (that I cant see), only show up as a 2-d wireframe. I can't reinstall Half-Life 2 for some reason. I don't have access to my PC right now, I'm using someone else's, so I don't know what the error messages say, and I can't specifically remember what hardware I have either (it's a brand new PC), but I'll update shortly.

Go to the help section on steampowered.com and varify your hl2 files.

anti901 said:
I am mad. My copy of half-life 2 is screwed up. It doesn't have the textures the scanner, manhack, gravity gun, and others, so I can't see any of them. It says I need the cfg file in the something or other. The sound also works when a noise is to the left or right of me, but if the noise is in front or behind me, the sound doesn't work. And the effect for light, like the red lights on the cameras or the white lights on the scanners (that I cant see), only show up as a 2-d wireframe. I can't reinstall Half-Life 2 for some reason. I don't have access to my PC right now, I'm using someone else's, so I don't know what the error messages say, and I can't specifically remember what hardware I have either (it's a brand new PC), but I'll update shortly.
Click here when you're at your HL2 computer:
steam://validate/220

It will check your files for errors, missing files and files in the wrong place and reinstall only the files you need.

Let us know how that works.

Thanks. :cheers: I'm getting my PC back in an hour or so, so I'll check that..

Thanks!

It works now... thanks! (Ironically, one of the reasons I built this PC was to play HL2 on maximum settings... I'd have been so pissed if it didn't work lol)
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of homework to not do... :naughty:

Back