HL2 MP mod ideas

Da Dude

Reaction score
I have some great MP ideas, but can't mod, so maybe i'll share my ideas.

These ideas are all HL2 (MP) based mods

Invasion
Teamplay game, where HL2 baddies spawn, and you have to survive it. They come in waves. Each time more difficult then the other. And ofcource each wave more (variation). If you die, you have to hope that somebody survives the wave, so that you can respawn.

Maybe add some stuff like team healing.

Yes this idea is based of UT2K3/4 invasion

Invasion RPG
Same as above. Exept you can level up. The harder the enemy, the more stats you get. The more stats you get, the more health, ammo, speed etc.. you get.

Power struggle
2 Teams. 2 powercores. A few powernodes.
Your goal is to get as much power as you can get. If your power goes to 0, your team loses. The more powernodes you have, the more weapons/vehicles/defenses/.. you have, the lesser power your enemy has.

This is based on UT2K4 Onslaught & UT XMP/U2 XMP. Except in UT2K4 you have to attack the powercore, here it will easily drain itself, unless you get nodes.

Capture the powerball
Variation of Capture the Flag. Exept the flag is an energy ball. And there's only one ball. Nobody can touch it. You can only carry it with your anti-grav gun. Which makes it a weapon if you are carrying the ball to your base goal (or the enemy's base goal). Watchout though, the enemy can catch the ball.

Assault
Speaks for itself. Example: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66772&page=1&pp=15

ComradeBadger said:
So basically, you want UT2004.

Go away :p

already got it :bounce:
but some ideas are based on it yeah..
ok lot of ideas.. but some ideas could make a good gameplay in HL2 MP (imo)

I have UT2004 too. Its a really good game. I really think it should be fun to have the gametypes in HL2 too. :E

Back