HL2 mp revealed?

Reaction score
Just recently I saw the newest issue of PcGamer and I noticed this.....

"Half-Life 2 Multiplayer revealed"

at the top but I didn't have enough money to purchase it.

Am I the only one whos noticed this cuz I hav'nt seen any threads about it.

If this has been already posted please delete.....

TheUnkillableDot said:

good god man...have you been living under a rock for the past year? :eek:

geeze guys go easy on him....

btw, TheUnkillableDot, what is your name a reference to?

Icarus said:
geeze guys go easy on him....

btw, TheUnkillableDot, what is your name a reference to?

Me being an Idiot. That and I'm not good at thinking up names....

TheUnkillableDot said:
Me being an Idiot. That and I'm not good at thinking up names....

that name owns, I laugh every time I see it. you were not an idiot :burp:

yea whats up with people quoting peoples join date. there are plenty of 'oldschool' idiots around. if you have something good to post thats all that matters

This months PC Zone ends with the usual preview of next month's mag page.

"REVIEWED! UK's first play of CENSORED" or words to that effect. Now, the question is - Half Life 2 or Doom 3? I thought PC Gamer had the Doom 3 exclusive, so wouldn't that be the same for the UK? Which means that PC Zone could have Half Life 2...

Perhaps.

czrsink said:

"REVIEWED! UK's first play of CENSORED" or words to that effect. Now, the question is - Half Life 2 or Doom 3? I thought PC Gamer had the Doom 3 exclusive, so wouldn't that be the same for the UK? Which means that PC Zone could have Half Life 2...

Perhaps.

It was probably just the first UK review of Doom 3.

Only the US PCG had the Doom 3 review as far as I know.

czrsink said:

Perhaps.
Well..because PCZone is the first mag revealed HL2 and Playtest HL2, i bet its a HL2 Review , another reason HL2 will go gold in August...

DigiQ8 said:
Well..because PCZone is the first mag revealed HL2 and Playtest HL2, i bet its a HL2 Review , another reason HL2 will go gold in August...
Its either Doom 3 or HL2 for sure, but i'll bet you that review will only be published as soon as HL2 goes gold

TheUnkillableDot said:

at the top but I didn't have enough money to purchase it.

Am I the only one whos noticed this cuz I hav'nt seen any threads about it.

If this has been already posted please delete.....

There was nothing new to what you have already seen. PCGAMER UK was just going over counterstrike source, thats all. So you didn't miss anything

It's going to be D3, I'm 100% sure.

Valve won't give exclusive reviews untill october issues to mags, that is if HL2 goes gold in august.

lans said:
It's going to be D3, I'm 100% sure.

How could you be 100% sure? You know someone who works for them or something??? Lol, jk.

DigiQ8 said:
That's extremely skewed logic. PCZ was the first UK mag to reveal HL2, purely because of magazine release dates, same goes for the most recent playtest. And I fail to see how a suspected review (based on the tiniest snippet of "evidence") means the game will go gold - I would have thought the opposite would be far more likely. That's not to say it won't go gold in August, but PCZ is most likely referring to Doom3. There are other games than Half Life 2, you know :)

Azrael. said:
How could you be 100% sure? You know someone who works for them or something??? Lol, jk.

I'm 100% sure because:

1) He's presumably talking about the september issue
2) D3 is the current hot shot - and no mag at the momment has any idea when the hell HL2 is even going gold- much less a review.
3) Even if HL2 "does" go gold anytime august, you'd be seeing the first exclusive reveiws in the october issue.

Well, after looking around the PCZone boards, apparently Paul Presley (a bloke from the mag) strongly hinted it wasn't a review of Doom 3. Apparently.

Almost all magazines are way behind people who do online re-search.

How would you see it in october reviews?? Who knows that it wont be earlier, and that we wont get the magazine like a week after it goes gold? It's possible, many people had the PC Gamer with the review of Doom3 like a week and a half after it went gold...

JiMmEh said:
Well, after looking around the PCZone boards, apparently Paul Presley (a bloke from the mag) strongly hinted it wasn't a review of Doom 3. Apparently.

interesting...
then again.. it could be another upcoming game.. who knows.

Azrael. said:
How would you see it in october reviews?? Who knows that it wont be earlier, and that we wont get the magazine like a week after it goes gold? It's possible, many people had the PC Gamer with the review of Doom3 like a week and a half after it went gold...

Because we already have the September issue.

Back