HL2.net plays StarCraft (epic weekend marathon coming)

Operational

Reaction score
Regular games of Starcraft are still happening and, quite frankly, we are having an awesome time.

picture.php
picture.php

We generally play at night, from around 11pm GMT and meet up via HL2.nets Steam Community chat room.
Our chat room in Battle.net is "my void" (after logging into battle.net click 'Channel' and type it in).

This weekend (starting Friday night) we're hoping to have a huge Starcraft Marathon and end up playing to all sorts of ungodly hours.

We've got a HL2.net social group, the Battle.net register, but honestly since the thread in there isn't added to people's UserCP's a thread like this will be more useful for getting the message out there.

Current HL2.net Battle.net Starcraft Profiles (US East)
Add to your friends list (see below) to help keep track of each other.

Operational01
taviow
CyberPitz
Sliver14
Sedako
AmishSlayer
Patch Here
Blizzard No-CD Instuctions Here

Basic Battle.net commands
(type into chat)

/f a profilename

Adds a person to your friends list making it easier to find them online.

/f l

(that's an 'L' there) Lists all your friends and what they are currently doing.

/f m text

Sends a private message to all the people on your friends list.

/f r loserfriend

Removes a friend from your friends list.

Be There!
picture.php

sounds cool. I have Starcraft laying around somewhere, but i never really got into it and i would probably be crushed so theres really no point for me. Im open for Diablo 2/Median Mod though :E But i wont go offtopic with that.

Who would you say is the best Starcraft player on these forums?

As much as I want to participate I'm in the middle of exams and I'll be busy writing final papers and studying this weekend... but less than a week from now I will be free of uni for several months and THEN IT CAN BE STARCRAFT TIEMS

I have Starcraft laying around somewhere, but i never really got into it and i would probably be crushed so theres really no point for me. Im open for Diablo 2/Median Mod though
Lies, we are all of varying skill level but I wouldn't call us 'good'. One of the attractions of playing with HL2.net members compared to random battle.net people is that we aren't as good as them. Of course if you weren't that into Starcraft to begin with there isn't much we can do for you *walks away shaking head*. As for D2, well I called it the "Battle.net Register" because I didn't want to limit it to just Starcraft so D2 isn't out of the question at some point in the future.

Who would you say is the best Starcraft player on these forums?
CyberPitz, at least from who I've seen play so far.

but less than a week from now I will be free of uni for several months and THEN IT CAN BE STARCRAFT TIEMS
Awesome, looking forward to seeing you play then. We've been playing a lot of nights over the past few weeks and with no signs of us slowing down I'm sure we'll still be playing heaps then.

I'll be there whenever, I'm on vacation until Tuesday.

Add xlucidx.

I'll most likely be on, just burn time till GTA gets released, been playing for the past few days now.

Add Twix623

yayyyyyyyyy.

Fresh blood :3

One thing we like to do after a great match is watch the replay together so everybody can critique what others are doing..."Not enough SCV's at your main, didn't expand enough, didn't make a counter for this" shit like that. While I do win a lot of battles, I like to take the time and show what the other players could have done to do a little better. Taviow and Sliver are pretty much my 'students' *if you can call me a teacher...?* on how they can do better. They have come far, and I'M SO PROUD! ;(

But yes, more people!

yayyyyyyyyy.

Fresh blood :3

One thing we like to do after a great match is watch the replay together so everybody can critique what others are doing..."Not enough SCV's at your main, didn't expand enough, didn't make a counter for this" shit like that. While I do win a lot of battles, I like to take the time and show what the other players could have done to do a little better. Taviow and Sliver are pretty much my 'students' *if you can call me a teacher...?* on how they can do better. They have come far, and I'M SO PROUD! ;(

But yes, more people!

Sounds great Pitz, because I know for sure my game style is horrible. Haven't really played in a long time, but it'd be great to brush up on technique.

Good to know. There are sometimes some harsh critiques here, so as long as you don't take anything personal,. we'll be OK.

More SS's!

picture.php

picture.php

Woohoo. Maybe we can get a badass 4v4 going, or finally do on e of those damned UMS's that we have such an issue with.

Okay, we are starting now - people should feel free to join in whenever. If we don't respond in Steam Chat it's probably 'cus we are in the middle of a game, so add us to you friends list and send a message in Battle.net.

If anybody feels like inviting me to a game, you'll probably be better off catching me on xfire as I rarely if ever frequent the chatroom.

I won't be able to make it for some of the day today. Gotta hang out with the ex and change the RX-7s oil, woohoo!

Last time I checked I sucked in multiplayer playing against my friends. :p

And I'm from Europe.

cyberpitz's IQ = 1 / how fast he can click in starcraft

You don't even need a medium notch computer to play it.
Or a low-notch.
IT'S A TEN YEAR OLD GAME!

Shit, I don't meet the minimum spec's. I've only got 8 megs of ram!

Back