Hl2 new Release Dates...from EB.

S

SpookS_AMAC

Well I think its getting sadder and sadder, Hl2 I have been infromed from my local EB store is set for an August 2004 release.....so much for that april release!!! :eek: ;(
The sad part is, when valve keep putting dates back and back and back and back......and hell im sure they will delay more...then its the gamers who suffer. As someone who has helped make a game, although nothing near as complex as hl2, its amazing that a game so many years in development can constantly be delayed. I think its time for Valve to get locked in their basement and told not to come out till they finish it. They need to stop all press all other elements ie..trailers and gameplay movies etc and just work on the actual game.
August 2004....ffs....we'll all be running P8-20Tb pc's by then.
Some one wake me next year sometime....im gonna hybernate till august :dozey: :dozey: :dozey: :x

Even though EB is shit..but it is sad.. ;(

Didn't someone post earlier today about Amazon moving their date up to March 1st? None of it jives. Who knows where the truth is.

Spooks, and everyone else, EB doesn't have any more solid info then we do on it. Before sept 30 they were waffling all over the place with their dates, some even said december 04. EB, Amazon, and every other source just get their info from public releases by the distributer, Vendi. There have been countless times the release dates that EB or Game Stop, or Amazon have had a horribly wrong date.

Um their web site still says 3/31/2004.

*edit* EB that is.

I don't trust anyone with release dates, or expiry dates (Crusty Bread).
Before september, GAME had HalfLife for september 30. Shortly into september, it had no release date (looking on the release date board), then, yes you guest it, it said september 30 again, when it got to that day, it was still on the release date board, yet no game. going upto the counter, they said, "Thats not correct, it should be out december".

GAME suck donkey balls, the prices in the shop are different to the prices on there website.

Originally posted by mrchimp
GAME suck donkey balls, the prices in the shop are different to the prices on there website.
Yeah, that is getting pretty common.
Games seem to be cheaper if you order them online.
Maybe they're trying to stop us from visiting their shops so they can spend the entire day eating fried fish and watching Norweigan Wolf-pr0n!?:eek:

The sad part of the whole delay is that due to the extreme good communication and transparency of valve's PR section is that if anyone tells me that HL2 will be released X-Mas 2004, I would believe him instantly.

I still believe it will be released this year.

ROD said:
I still believe it will be released this year.

the HL2 hype train is currently at full speed.. and headed for a nasty, nasty derailment.. Rod, i hope ur right.. :|

/me wonders if Shuzer is still on that train

hell, eb have a few different release dates, they generally change from store to store =/ I think they sent out the notice

'They HL2 release date is WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE, just make it beliavable so the die-hard geek fans will stay the hell away from us'

Dr. Freeman said:
the HL2 hype train is currently at full speed.. and headed for a nasty, nasty derailment.. Rod, i hope ur right.. :|

/me wonders if Shuzer is still on that train
I jumped off the train when Gabe said that he was positive HL2 wouldn't ship this year.

I will, however, get back on the train come January :)

I think we should find out where gabe lives, run into his house, kidnap him and torture him untill he tells us when the release date is :)

Bla bla i know that he says, well we still have a lot of work to do on it.
But i would say that it would almost be finished.
Im expecting an early april release.

Once and for all, don't believe anyone but the developer themselves. But even they could be wrong har har!

Back