hl2 not in 9800xt box

Homer

Reaction score
"Anyhow, it sounds like these new ATI cards will come with a voucher you can later redeem for a copy of Half-Life 2 when it comes out. People who buy the video cards will not be getting the game early or anything like that." - Fragmaster

Well, atleast they arent gunna have to delay the package.

Originally posted by DeltaBlast
you know its Fragmaster who said that? :p

look up at my post, I credit him with it.

besides, hes been right so far.

Originally posted by Homer
look up at my post, I credit him with it.

besides, hes been right so far.

He didnt know anything about the shit spooling out of his mouth. He was probably crossing his fingers a week ago. He got lucky.

Come on! Do you really think a delayed game will be included in the now-available XTs?

Just wait a month or two...this is not DNF! :)

Heh - saying he was right doesn't mean much.. He just went with the most likely scenario. It's not about the fact that he thought it would be delayed.. it's about the fact that he stated this with conviction over and over and over, abusing the PHL news with no evidence to back up his claims.

You'll prob get a coupon or something, but at the same time HL2 might only be delayed till like cot. 15th and they said the ATI bundle wouldnt be right away so.......?

this is what i read in an article about the 9800XT at tomshardware.com:

ATI managed to get multi million-bundle deal with Valve to bundle the single player version of Half-Life 2 with their new Radeon XT cards. Since the release of the game was delayed several times it looks like the early XT card come with a voucher only giving the customer the ability to download the full game via Valve's Steam online service when it becomes available. Maybe this won't change and you never get a full CD. Details are still unknown at the time this article was written.

read the complete article here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030930/index.html

naw this was actually confirmed today at alcatraz,, check out shacknews.com

Ohh, hey, the Radeon 9800XT is released?
They've been working on this behind out backs?
What about the Radeon 9600XT--is that also released?

When Does HL2 Come out? They Could have atleast told us that.

So are these new cards any good? ANyone got any benchmarks or something? Will they push the price down for other cards?

I've heard they're only a little better then current cards, and they'll definitely bring down the price of the current generation of graphics cards.

THe 9800xt 256mb is available for purchase on ati.com...possibly in stores this week/early next?

So are these new cards any good? ANyone got any benchmarks or something? Will they push the price down for other cards?

I am almost sure that HL-2 will be out Nov. 15. It's been mentioned in an interview that 10.15 is the 5-year anniversary of HL1, and Lombardi just said that "it's funny how that works out, isn't it." I'd say we have a half-official release date.

Notice the asterisk beside the "FREE HL2" sticker on the 9800XT boxes. If you find what the * references, it says stuff about shipping charges (obvious) or possible charges incurred while downloading (Steam).

a) nobody knows the ****ing release date, honestly, just stop asking
b) don't say stuff is false with absolutely no proof that it is, when in fact it's true and you're just making yourself look like an asshat
c) it's not going to be in the box, just give it up, no need to argue about why you think it will be in the box for the next 20 pages

Ide say its more like 1/20th official, dont get youe hopes up mate:p

Originally posted by DeltaBlast
you know its Fragmaster who said that? :p

ya man wow fragmaster is never right and all those n00b nerds that called him names....UNTIL TODAY...are right.....

cough sarcasm cough

Originally posted by @bel
this is what i read in an article about the 9800XT at tomshardware.com:

ATI managed to get multi million-bundle deal with Valve to bundle the single player version of Half-Life 2 with their new Radeon XT cards. Since the release of the game was delayed several times it looks like the early XT card come with a voucher only giving the customer the ability to download the full game via Valve's Steam online service when it becomes available. Maybe this won't change and you never get a full CD. Details are still unknown at the time this article was written.

read the complete article here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030930/index.html

the 'singleplayer version' well thats alot of frigging use isnt it! ill have two half lifes! freaking valve idiots

And sadly, look like you have to pay shipment if you dont want the steam version :(

Originally posted by The more on
And sadly, look like you have to pay shipment if you dont want the steam version :(

Aye, it's exactly the same as the "free DVD" offers you see online.
The DVD may be free but you still have to pay the postage fee to get it to your home.

"it's funny how that works out, isn't it."

"We'll see."

Any hint from Valve noting the release date should be disregarded at this point.

any anything from valve should be disregarded at this point

I think the official price from ATI will be $500 but stores will sell it for $450, just like when the 9800p came out

$499 MSRP for the 256MB version, more than likely. I can't see a 128MB card selling for $499, unless it's an All-In-Wonder Card.

It only gets 5-6 fps more than my 9800 Pro, and costs over $100 more. Haha.

9800XT pff - had my 9800 running @ 445mhz while playing Halo compared to their 412Mhz.

Who do they think they are kidding - its a 9800 nothing more nothing less. They are just binning out the chips.

Just seen the benches and its also getting over 4,000 marks less in 3Dmark2001se than my £232 9800.

Back