HL2 now 5th of November??

A

antons

Ok I'll set the background - im from the UK and I used to work in GAMEstore for over a year.. .on top of this all gamers in the UK know that 99% of games are released on a Friday..

So after the announcment of Half Life 2 to be released on Novemeber the 16th worldwide which is a Tuesday i started wondering - how would english stores handle this? Would they release it on the Tuesday?? or wait until the following Friday.

So i emailed a certian headoffice of a GAMEstore with bascially the above detailed in an email... the reply was :

Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

The release date for half life 2 PC is 5th November 2004

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Customer Services Assistant

'xxxx' Stores Group Ltd

So I have replied asking her to double check and this time I have even copied in various URLS or press-releases with the 16th Nov annoucement, for the nice lady to double check.

I'll post back in here what she replies with. or you can email me [email protected] to receive the emails...

wowee that would be cool, if its true i doubt it would apply to steam users which would suck

Well information like this is rarely welcomed with open (read: gullible) arms by the gaming community, this would... um.. what's the word? Rock.

;)

Synnsykt, love the avatar! Death to the Pixies! (I was at the last tour they did with U2, many moons ago.)

I think the 5th is just the old date, many websites have carried it for a long time as it was just the first friday of the month. I would wait for the double check before coming to any conclusions.

it wont release on the 5th, if it releases on the 5th it would have to be release everywhere on the 5th.

ehh

but this isnt 99% of games......its halflife 2 :afro: :dork:

Seems that they are not up to date. Selling the game early would result in lawsuits.

I am sure she was just relaying what was in her computer, which was the pre-gold estimate date. The release date was only published yesterday. You cant expect every retailer to be on top of the ball.

lmao, you called the wrong person several times and "she" kept getting pissed because shes waiting for it too.

yeah I know what your saying.. selling the game early would be up for lawsuits - especially as its a national gameing shop.

I replied to the email this evening, so hopefully she will come back with updated information - ive sent her the links as well with the other days press's releases. see what she does after reading that.

IF their date of the 5th Nov is an old date then I can only say that valve & publishers are doing a bad job of keeping computer stores up to date with release information - i mean do they want customer services to keep hitting that F5 key on Valve website for new information?

Seems like they've just not updated yet. But if it was the case then i would buy it at game, play it until steams release then return it :)

Well the Game website says 16/11 and I'm sure it didn't show this date before the Gold announcement.

So I'm inclined to not believe this, though as others have said, it would be nice.

antons said:
So after the announcment of Half Life 2 to be released on Novemeber the 16th worldwide which is a Tuesday i started wondering - how would english stores handle this? Would they release it on the Tuesday?? or wait until the following Friday.
Games are always released on a Tuesday in America.

Nov 5th was their old date.

they changed it to the 16th today.

personaly though im boycotting game, useless bunch of tits...

*pictures this*

Tiny store with 60 people in it
8 staff
1 of wich is on the till.
the others are on the phone or talking to their pals.
the que is 30 people long and over 10 of them have mutliple games and about the same are returning mutliple games (ie. paperwork)

1/2 hour later i finaly get to the front of the que and its still the one guy serving.... he then doubts im 18 and wont sell me a fecking game.

i go get my dad who then goes and complains and the guy crys....

at wich point the dumbass manager finaly stops talking to his pal and tells my dad to get out of the store.... :|

lets just say that wasnt the smartest thing he could have said....

*gratuitous violence*

anyhow... ive been using other stores and the net for my games lately :thumbs:

like the last 8 people just repeated each other.

gg post count :X

That would be sweet if it happened!

i need a post count.

that would be sweet if it happened!

lmao, you called the wrong person several times and "she" kept getting pissed because shes waiting for it too.
youre not talking about me are you?

bet it wont go on sale till the following friday then, GAME have done this in the past, games offically released, but its not friday, "we have the game in stock but i cant sell it you till friday" *waves box infront of me like im stupid or something*

Screw GAME, go steam!

Back