[HL2 Pulse Rifle]G3 with M203 *Custom animations*

Dr. Zoidberg

Reaction score
refgm5.jpg

shootzv9.jpg

reloadkw2.jpg

nadedh3.jpg

sidebo8.jpg

Animation previews: http://files.filefront.com/Previewsrar/;6079045;;/fileinfo.html

Why I made the damn thing:
I didn't like that Valve used a unreal gun (And rather shitty model) for their assault rifle slot. So I decided to remedy that. I chose the G3 because its one of the most popular military rifles in Europe (Were the game takes place) and shoots a big 7.62 round, making it the perfect choice for the Combine to "combinize".

Whats in it:
This release comes with a custom hacked model, high quality normal maps, reflect maps, custom animations, custom sounds, and some minor skin detailing. I have also Fixed the QC so it uses a realistic muzzle flash and ejects shells.

If anyone cares, this is what the decals mean:
-The text on the mag states that the rounds are laced with combine plasma, which is actually a excuse for using the Pulse rifle tracers because I couldn't make it use the SMG ones. The symbol is the Combine logo.
-The text on the G3 states that the rifle is a Combine produced G3A3 chambered for 7.62mm with a 40mm Magnetically sealed Plasma Grenade launcher attached. The symbol is the Combine logo.
-The symbol on the MsPG (M203) warns of radiation from the plasma.

Problems:
Because the original Pulse rifle didn't need to reload grenades, and this rifle does, I had to improvise. I slapped a reload animation on the alt grenade shoot, this increases the amount of frames used by the altshoot animation by 30. The side effect of this is if you >hold< down the left mouse button at any point during the reload portion of the alt shoot, your main clip capacity will lower 20 rounds. Because of this I don't recommend using this mod in HL2DM, though it might work. It has been tested in HL2 and works great. Also it ejects pistol shells because valve has no rifle shell model.

-Credits-
G3
-Model: Fallschirmjager
-Skin: Sproily
M203
-Model: Twinke Masta
-Skin: Twinke Masta
Grenade:
-Model: Valve
-Skin: FakeFactory
-Skin: VertThrasher
What I (Dr. Strangelove) did:
-Animations
-Normal/reflect maps
-Skin edits
-Hacking
-Compile

Heres the link: http://files.filefront.com/HL2_G3rar/;6078726;;/fileinfo.html

If you find a problem tell me about it and I will (try to) fix it.

you could add some more scratches and dirt, as for the far iron sight. its blue...
doesn't look realistic. But looking nice, great job.

-dodo

Back