[HL2]Someone is bullshitting me when it comes to requirements of this game

henno13

Reaction score
A year ago, I had a half decent PC that could run all versions of HL2 soundly on moslty high graphics settings. Then, I got my PS3 and the computer was taken away and replaced by a "better one".

Recently, I have had a craving to play Half Life again, so I installed Steam and HL2 on to this computer. I installed it, the first few chapeters played fine. Then, after the teleport sequence in Kleiners lab when you make your way to Black Mesa East, the game becomes extremley choppy. According to the netgraph, the best fps I am getting is around 55 in indoor areas without any action. The worst and most common is 10fps, the lowest it can go. The game is running in 1280x1024 and the settings recommended to me by the game.

So I went here and looked to see what this thought of my computer. Here is a screenshot of the results:

2cyqjra.jpg

WTF?

(I know this card (or chipset rather) is crap, but its the best this computer can have since I havent get any PCI-E x16 slots :( )

I refuse to buy the Orange Box for PS3 becasue it is my firm belief that all Valve products should be bought on PC, I refuse to suffer at the hands of a shitty console port. I believe that most (if not all) of you agree with me in some way there.

Its the onboard graphics for me.

Tried turning the settings down? TF2 suggests settings for my laptop that are a bit too high, i always turn games down a little from their own suggested settings.

Back