HL2 street date thingy

eiric

Reaction score
So, I wounder if anyone has a source on where Valve states that if the streetdate is broken they will unlock HL2. I don't think I've ever seen a post or a news about it so it must be a rumor that the community have made up, or?

When they meant the street date broken, I think they mean is the street date was broken by a majority of the retailers, not just a couple.

Could someone link the article? I've tried looking for the original quote before but can't find it.

Doubt that's going to happen though. Only 3 days left till the big release now anyway ;)

Harryz said:
When they meant the street date broken, I think they mean is the street date was broken by a majority of the retailers, not just a couple.

Why does everyone say that..... when theres no proof either way, how do you know what they ment.

Splinter16 said:
Why does everyone say that..... when theres no proof either way, how do you know what they ment.

I'm merely guessing since it makes more sense. Actually reading the article again, it sounds like their own opinion, not directly from Valve.

Well actually:

Steam users: Half-Life 2 will be unlocked on Steam on November 16th as well. Unless of course any retailer breaks the street date and puts it out on shelves sooner, then Steam will unlock Half-Life 2 sooner.

I guess that means any ONE retailer... But what do I know.

Harryz said:
Just wait 2 days. You waited this long already.

Yea but I don't wanna!!! <-- screams like a child.

Anyway, I just don't understand now when the date is broken. And I do feel sorry for all the noobs that go into a store and buys a game, and then can't play it...

Anyway, the registration is just for anti-piracy, right? Well, I bet on wednesday HL2 will be on the net, ready to download and play.

Wait...THAT'S the information that everyone is using to justify this whole "street date/unlock early" thing?!?! It's an unsubstantiated line in a little article on a website! At best, it's the opinion of the author of the article.

I can now believe, without question, that the unlock rumor is BOGUS.

Bing_Oh said:
Wait...THAT'S the information that everyone is using to justify this whole "street date/unlock early" thing?!?! It's an unsubstantiated line in a little article on a website! At best, it's the opinion of the author of the article.

I think that's the smartest thing anyone have ever said on this forum.

DrunkPanda said:
i don't but a few people had links to doug saying what shacknews said

Then I would like to see them, but if they exist, wohoo!

Bing_Oh said:

the fact that when questioned the guy said..

"i got that info straight from valve"

so yeah.. seems you based your info on something without bothering to check first... bit like the people you thought you where critisising.

Dougy said:
the fact that when questioned the guy said..

"i got that info straight from valve"

so yeah.. seems you based your info on something without bothering to check first... bit like the people you thought you where critisising.

Dougy, would you agree this this whole early unlock thing would be considered a pretty significant statement? And, wouldn't you think that such a significant statement would have been made as a direct quote from a known Valve source, not just "I got that info straight from Valve?"

I've seen far too many unsubstantiated rumors, most of them with the disclaimer that they came "straight from Valve," flying around since the original release announcement to believe ANYTHING...unless a known Valve source confirms is. If it smells like BS, scrape it off your shoe and walk away.

It's not a couple, German retailers have started selling aswell. So a lot of retailers in US, UK, Australia and Germany. What else is needed? Ah yeah, they won't make less money so they'll wait...

I don't get why they are selling it early. It's dumb..

Back