hl2 to be ready "very soon"

dagz

Reaction score
In recent days we have been hearing murmuring about the gold status of Half-Life 2. The rumours centered around the notion that the game was being held up not by the legal wrangling between Vivendi and VALVe, but rather the fact that the Release Candidate process had not yet been completed. I asked VALVe's Doug Lombardi if they were still exchanging RCs with VUG, and here was his reply:
"Subsequent release candidates have been submitted. We expect to be complete very soon." So we are indeed still in the Release Candidate process, and concerns of Gold status being held up by VUG seem at the very least premature.

So much about gold tomorrow, its possible tho :E

source: planethalflife

Sorry if this has been posted already

we been hearing murmering about this shit going gold for like 11 months now.

Wraith said:

haha.. yup I am having Deja vu.. last year sucked!

Exactly, taking the word of Doug Lambardi is like taking tax advice from a homeless person.

Quixote said:
Exactly, taking the word of Doug Lambardi is like taking tax advice from a homeless person.

In essence, very reliable! :thumbs:

I start every day hoping I'm going to see a gold announcement, but then I get sorrowfully disappointed. Vicious cycle really.

-Viper- said:
In essence, very reliable! :thumbs:

I start every day hoping I'm going to see a gold announcement, but then I get sorrowfully disappointed. Vicious cycle really.

So do I...sad isn't it? :(

I come to work and in the brief second before I log in and get to the forum I think today is the day. I know there will be a gold announcement waiting for me. And a year later I am still as eager to check everyday for that elusive post that will probably make me shout out loud and scare the shit out of my workmates.

They are sick of hearing about the life cycle of this game and have lived the pain of the past year through me and my ever present news of "Not yet, but soon" When it finally happens I will finally get some work done.

Wraith said:

more like 1 year and 4 months :naughty:

Half-Life 2 will be ready "very soon" -Gabe, one year ago

Beserker said:
Half-Life 2 will be ready "very soon" -Gabe, one year ago

And 3 weeks ago we had Doug Lombardi stating that the release dates would be revealed soon. I'm obviously an impatient boy, but 3 weeks is not soon to me! One week =soon. Two weeks = soonish. Three weeks= gnaw my legs off

Back