Hl2 Voice Actors Confirmed!!!

L

LambdaOne

Well it seems that IMDB have the list of the Voice Actors for Half Life 2:

Robert Culp .... Dr. Wallace Breen (voice)
Louis Gossett Jr. .... Vortigaunt (voice)
Michelle Forbes .... Dr. Judith Mossman (voice)
Michael Shapiro .... Barney Calhoun (voice)
John Patrick Lowrie .... Citizens/Misc. characters (voice)
Mary Kae Irvin .... Citizens/Misc. characters (voice)
Robert Guillaume .... Dr. Eli Vance (voice)
Harry S. Robins .... Dr. Isaac Kleiner (voice)

Some high profile actors there!

SOURCE: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374692/

Looks like someone ripped the names from the valve info thread and put them up at IMDB.com :)

This has been posted before I believe (In its own thread, not just the valve info thread)

There are errors in it however. Barney and Kleiner's actors are not accurate. Either that, or they had them flipped in the credits for the first HL actors. It says in HL2 that Michael Shapiro plays Barney, and Harry S. Robins plays Kleiner, whereas in HL1 it says that Harry S. Robins plays Barney, yet from the E3 2003 videos its obvious that is the same guy who plays Barney in HL and HL2.

****ing hell, I knew I recognised Eli's voice from somewhere. The Lion King ;D

Michelle Forbes played Ro Laren in Star Trek: TNG, but I like her better in 24 Season 2 :)

someone made the voice of vortigaunts?

and were is the gordon voice?

<RJMC> said:
someone made the voice of vortigaunts?

and were is the gordon voice?

Gordon doesn't speak, therefore he has no voice actor

o_O source from another website??

One of our Forum Members was the one who received their email with the credits. It's HL2.nets / the forum members posted news

Somebody must have e-mailed them in to the IMDb

LambdaOne said:
Michelle Forbes played Ro Laren in Star Trek: TNG, but I like her better in 24 Season 2 :)

I thought I reconised the voice.

So did Valve mixup the Barney/Kleiner thing? Or did they actually switch?

It's likely a mix up. The characters sound true to how they were in HL1 so I'm guessing it's just a mix up. We know for a fact that the credits are correct for IMDb's listing of HL2 because we were sent them by Valve.

Well, at least there's always new stuff being put up over the net ... only thing is, I was hoping for something more exciting in this, the SIX THOUSANDTH THREAD!!! Now before you start flaming me, that wasn't sarcasm ... it really is thread number 6000 in the forum :p

nickanderson said:
Im pretty sure your thining of james earl jones

Raifiki = Eli
Same voice actor

Kirkburn said:
Well, at least there's always new stuff being put up over the net ... only thing is, I was hoping for something more exciting in this, the SIX THOUSANDTH THREAD!!! Now before you start flaming me, that wasn't sarcasm ... it really is thread number 6000 in the forum :p

Halflife2.net Statistics

Threads: 22,220 ...

Unless, this is thread 6,000 in HL2 General, than okay :)

What about the G-man? He's got the best voice. Anyone know what freaky human did his voice?

Louie Gossett Jnr as the Vortigaunt? I feel like my heads going to explode from confusion here...Gossett jnr as the Vortigaunt? You sure those are the real cast memebrs?

Came from an email from Valve.

And I've heard most of the actors talk before, and they play the characters listed. I've heard Eli the most (Used to watch Sports Night at midnight, he was the boss :p )

Kazuki_Fuse said:
Louie Gossett Jnr as the Vortigaunt? I feel like my heads going to explode from confusion here...Gossett jnr as the Vortigaunt? You sure those are the real cast memebrs?

Ever hear of a movie called Enemy Mine? He's perfect.

No voice actor for G-man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm....I think that have got something to do with the plot.

myth said:
No voice actor for G-man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm....I think that have got something to do with the plot.
Such as?
Like someone said above it's Kleiner putting on a very sinissster voicccce.
I'm very interested by the Vortigaunt thing though... They'll put his voice through all kinds of distortion and manipulation, I suppose. But even so - they've mastered English? How's going to work!? Argh!

well, actually idon't really care if the voice actors are famous or not, as long as they are good, and then i mean VERY good... :hmph:

Jadewolf5675 said:
So did Valve mixup the Barney/Kleiner thing? Or did they actually switch?

ak-rafiki.jpg

:D

they have been confirmed since the moment I get the response from Rick Ellis, and posted it in the Valve info thread :p

haha Eli is Rafiki!

Sunday sonna squash banna ahh ahh rahh ahh!

I don't think they'll need to do much to Lou Gosset Jr's voice to get it to sound alien enough... light tweaks maybe. Given that he played the Drakh badguy/goodguy in ENEMY MINE (A classic; If you missed it, see it IMMEDIATELY... also has dennis quaid), He should do a fine job of the vortigaunt; especially if you listen to the sounds they made in the first game... lots of clicking and choking noise.

All I know is that Louis Gosset Jr. did the voice of the alien guy in that movie Enemy Mine with Dennis Quaid and he was a great alien, so for him to be a voritguant?!?! Hell yes my friends.

Back