HL2 weird bug

Tekilatex

Reaction score
Greetings guys, I just bought The orange box and downloaded all its content. Every single game seems to be working besides....

Half life 2 !

Episode one and two works, and so does lost cost. I already played Half life on this computer back then and it work fine...

So basically what happen is that I get in game, I see the animation and all that behind the menu screen. I click on '' New game ''... the screens goes dark, I see '' HALF LIFE 2 '' and then the game close, and it tells me :

hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I check the details and it talks about my DIGITAL PRODUCT ID, my licence confirmation and my IP. I don't really understand the bug report.

This is NOT a cracked version, I purchased it from Steam, but I used to play a cracked version before buying the game, just to try it out.

So do you think it could be linked ?

I also noticed that when I uninstall HL2 and Re-install it, the download starts up at 75 %, which I guess means there is some remains of HL2 left there even when I uninstall...

I tryed disabling my firewall, updating my drivers, etc.... nothing works!

Anyone know what it might be ?

ummm Search for files and delete? unless u already did that then you should Noclip yourself to the Geek Squad!

Back