HL2 won't be in stores until the 17th!

jasonh1234

Reaction score
(If you live in Canada like me.)

Grrrrrrr. Damn Customs delays.

Anyone know a place in Vancouver that's getting it in for the 16th by any chance?

Sorry let me add to that.

Anyone know where I can get the collector's ed. with shirt etc.

HL2 won't be in stores until the 17th!

OH NOES!!!11!ONE!!TEH ONE DAY WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!11!!

besides we've all waited a year since it should have been released,so im sure you can handle that one day.

I'm in Vancouver. EB games (Electronics Boutique) are your best bet. They always seem to get games before anyone else around here. I have the CE reserved at the one downtown - I suggest you go reserve a copy ASAP!! Haven't heard whether it is 16th or 17th here, but I'm assuming 16th for now (worldwide simultaneous release).

Ha! On Novemeber 16th, there will be a Worldwide simultaneous release from the US to Europe to Asia and to Africa. Heck even outer space!!*

*Except Canada.

jasonh1234 said:

get it off steam, you get to play the game straight away, and you get the goodies sent to you, what more can you ask for?

rob.derosa said:
what more can you ask for?

a fast internet connection so he can actully get it off steam,im pretty sure if he had a fast internet connectetion he wouldn't be worrying about retail(but i could be wrong)

rob.derosa said:
get it off steam, you get to play the game straight away, and you get the goodies sent to you, what more can you ask for?

he wants the shirt .. so i don't think he'll get it off steam

U buy gold package , u get poster n shirts , they send them to u , well ur hardly going to download HL2 T-SHIRTS r u

Not that ive heard, I wouldnt think they would do that , its the most expensive package retail, many people want it , why release it l8r ?

Planeforger said:
Isn't the CE being released a few weeks later anyway?

no because:
1.that would be stupid and pointless
and
2.i pre ordered the CE and they said its out Nov 16th.

The european metalbox CE is released early december. If that's what you mean.

I wouldnt order it off steam, if I buy something I like to have the physical object not just a key. Pre-ordered mine, dispatch is on the 14th to make sure it's here for the 16th.

I prodered it from futureshop, an I live in toronto.
U will get it by the 16th.

Just order it off steam. You'll have to wait for all the stupid extra crap but you'll get the game with the rest of the free world.

I thought that the release dates where the day they were allowed to put it on the shelf. Stores will have it a week early sometimes sitting in the back room waiting for the day they can legally sell it. (As far as I have heard anyway.) So I think the customs stuff will get sorted out before then. They may have to label the boxes wrong to throw people off who are hoping to sneak out an early copy :) Label it "Barbie's Dance Party" or something like that.

Canada will have it the same time the US does. The local EB actaully pays to have games airflown a day early sometimes. Well atleast in Ontario they do. Fable was sent by express air.

So. I laugh at people who don't get it. HA..hahaha .......ha.

I didn't realize you'd still get the extras sent to ou if you ordered it on Steam. Hmmm.
I'd still rather have the physical box and CD though.

I asked at the EB @ Lougheed Mall and they said they'd have it on the 17th. Maybe it's just them though. I'll try Metrotown and Richmond locations and ask at Futureshop :-(

To be honest almost all retailers get the game a day late. At least that's what happened for NWN platinum. I went to EB and it was a day late. Then again it wasn't a blockbuster HUGE mega title.

RoguePsi said:
Ha! On Novemeber 16th, there will be a Worldwide simultaneous release from the US to Europe to Asia and to Africa. Heck even outer space!!*

*Except Canada.

LMAO :p That is GOLD my friend!!

Actually..I live in Canada and My Ebgames say that they will have it "for sure" on Nov.16th..if it doesn't oh well..big deal..one day....so what...deal with it.

oh noes one more day, 1 extra day after waiting over a year is nothing

MaxiKana in INFO Thread said:
That translated means that "Currently, Vivendi is trying to release the Collectors edition on 30.11.2004, or on the 30th of november 2004. Precisely two weeks after the Standard Edition.

Info was gotten from a finnish site, but it could mean for everywhere. :rolleyes:

jasonh1234 said:

AFAIK: collectors edition won't be ANYWHERE till the 30th (2 weeks after normal release)

Ok according to EB when i asked today. They will have the collectors ed. on the 16th priced at $100+ CAD
and the normal ed. on the 17th.

Personally, I'm like... "wtf?!"
(I think their heads are imbedded in their rectums.)
Although it does sound like a nice scheme on EB's part to maximize sales of the higher priced version.

Back