HL2's greatest strength

Kristafon

Reaction score
Personally I think it will be the same as HL1, how immersable the world will be. Just look at the way that Alyx reacts in Kleiners Lab and the time you drop down in anouther movie and one of those aqua-snake's come up. Also, the physics, how things are effected by what you, again making it even more immersable.
Anouther is the way that it ties the story straight into the gameplay without cutscenes, for example in Tenements when theyre talking about being searched by the combine.
You?

pretty much the same. the fact that the gameplay has no cutscenes or scripted sequences is pretty amazing, and has never been seen before in a game. the way alyx reacts in the lab, along with kleiner's reaction when YOU knock the monitor off the floor:

'ow do be careful'

...pure genius...

Pureball said:
pretty much the same. the fact that the gameplay has no cutscenes or scripted sequences is pretty amazing, and has never been seen before in a game. the way alyx reacts in the lab, along with kleiner's reaction when YOU knock the monitor off the floor:

'ow do be careful'

...pure genius...

Yes that was just great.. ;)

I wonder if he say the same thing if you knock over another monitor...

FleshEater said:
I wonder if he say the same thing if you knock over another monitor...

Yes, unless it was a run-once script or an object-oriented script. But really, does it matter? ;)

CombineSoldier said:
Paragraphs are good

Heh, its 5 lines.

Probably the characters is the greatest strength for me in Half-Life 2.

It's the engine for me, it's supposed to be very modding-friendly.

Probably the length. :p Seriously though, if it does end up being 30-40 hours long as reported, that's pretty damn impressive for an fps nowadays. Otherwise, I'd predict either the level of interactivity with the world that's presented, or the narrative techniques, will be the most impressive aspect of the game.

The Story for me.

"Who is the G-man?
What's going on and why?"

Marc Laidlaw is great.

Probably the engine. You can be able to destroy anything(almost). I will have loads of fun with the engine and the manipulator. ;)

Greatest strength thats im still interested after all this time of WAITING!!!!

I believe the greatest strength would be the reality. The physics, the people, everything is all like a breathing environment.

Back