HLDM = Damn it!

Reaction score
Okay so I installed HLDM and I played with it abit, went to play CS:S and it says Failed to load the launcher.dll, went to plaay HL2 and the same, I can only play HL2DM, wtf? I searched on the ssteam forums and supoort and here but no luck...help me please.

Boring? Even with the lag and bugs it is better than Counterstrike, all three of them combined.

ffs stop saying his opinion is shit and help him :p

sorry i dont know..

cojawfee said:
Boring? Even with the lag and bugs it is better than Counterstrike, all three of them combined.
OMG I asked for help not for your opinion, please someone help mah!

errrrm, I think this was a bug that was fixed very soon after deathmatch release, have you tried restarting steam?

mezz said:
errrrm, I think this was a bug that was fixed very soon after deathmatch release, have you tried restarting steam?

Like 5 times already, no luck, Hl2 and CSS dont work, just HL2DM.

well like it or not we can share our opinion. hl2dm owns.

and cliffe stated in the valve info thread they're workin on it and a fix should be out soon.

KiNG said:
well like it or not we can share our opinion. hl2dm owns.

and cliffe stated in the valve info thread they're workin on it and a fix should be out soon.

And I can share mine, CSS > HL2DM.

did you try that validate thing people were doing last night when nobody could get into any source games?

dru said:
did you try that validate thing people were doing last night when nobody could get into any source games?

? Can you please further explain? Wasnt on PC yesterday.

I'd recommend posting on the SteamPowered.com forums to be honest.

I don't think there's any other solutions that we know of. Checking the forums over there might tell you some more.

Also make sure that Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source and HL:Source are set to Automatically receive updates.

Delete your username folder in the SteamApps section FFS!

Anyone notice that HL2 DM is as laggy as ****ing hell, it's unplayable, and i've tried 13 different servers...I don't lag much, but the objects look like they're being moved an inch at a time...

it will get better once people start chruning out maps to shoot toilets in

Chris_D said:
I'd recommend posting on the SteamPowered.com forums to be honest.

I don't think there's any other solutions that we know of. Checking the forums over there might tell you some more.

Also make sure that Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source and HL:Source are set to Automatically receive updates.

Posted there, still no luck, well thanks anyways.

CS:Source is for people who cant take the excitement of HL2DM. Im no good because i cant camp booohoooo

Wasn't there a Steam update couple of hours ago (also listen in Steam News) that was supposed to fix this?

Deleted my name folder in steamapps, got css back working, thanks to everyone who helped me.

Back